I managed to postpone the inevitable for another month and will be going back to court for my ticket tomorrow. This should be my last court appearance, but I am not feeling very confident that I will be able to talk my way out of the stupid ticket. So, I'm just hoping the police officer won't show up or something and the case will be dropped.
Rather than go into a long boring story, I'll just say that Ryan had to quit his job on Christmas Eve. Things had been going downhill for the past few months and all in all I new it would happen sooner or later, I was just hoping for Later. On a positive note, we had him home with us for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day:) The Monday after Christmas we began the job search. Luckily there are A LOT of truck driving jobs available, unfortunately most of them would be long haul and Ryan would have to be gone for 2+ weeks at a time:( Also, being the week between Christmas and New Year's, we had no immediate following up on our many applications. Thankfully, the week after New Year's the calls started coming in. Of course, there were 4 long-haul jobs that were ready to hire him right away, but we were more excited about interviews with 2 local companies. By Friday of that week Ryan was offered a GREAT job with a local company. So Excited!! Unfortunately, their hiring process is much slower than we would like. He got his physical and drug screen last week, but it has now been a week-and-a-half and we are still waiting for them to complete his background check. So, he's still not working:( Of course, this is MAJOR stress for me! I do not make enough at my jobs to support this family and we were not prepared for Ryan to be out of work for a month! Somehow, we've still been able to pay our bills, but I don't know how much longer we can hang on. So, here's to hoping he starts working before the end of the week!!
Anyway, on to other things . . . We had a really enjoyable Christmas Eve with my sisters and a nice Christmas Day with Ryan's mom and siblings. I spent most of Christmas afternoon and evening working, as the emergency rooms never close.
The week following Christmas was busy running kids here and there, having friends over, etc., while the kids were out of school. It was nice to have Ryan around to do a lot of the running while I worked. It's also been nice to have someone else around to cook dinner. We also had several snow storms over that week, though you wouldn't know it to look outside today after it has been sunny and 40s to 50s for the last 2 days. Not much snow left.
Addie has been having fun with our craft box recently, especially the chenille stems or "pipe cleaners." She has been twisting different colors together and then shaping them to make candy-cane decorations for our Christmas tree. She also made this heart, which is the perfect size for her funny face:)
All went well with my Relief Society lesson the day after Christmas. I was actually excited to teach and thought I was pretty prepared, but I guess I went through it a little fast and we were done about 10 minutes early. Oh well, next time I'll do better.We managed to have 3 out of 5 kids sleeping elsewhere for New Year's eve, but I had to work so Addie went to bed and Ryan & Andrew went to play games with Eric & Becky. Fun for them;)
I was quite relieved to have the kids go back to school the Monday after the New Year. We had 1 normal week of school, then the next week consisted of Late-Start Monday, Early-Out Wednesday, Early-Out Friday, then no school the following Monday! What's up with that!?! After our Monday holiday, things are settling down again. Now all we need is Dad to get back to work!!
I finally had a meeting with my Relief Society activity planning committee. Our focus was to plan our upcoming February activity and I think it's going to be a fun getting-to-know you night for the sisters. I'm so glad I have a committee . . . I never would have been able to come up with all these ideas on my own.
This past holiday weekend my sister JennyLyn volunteered to have our kids over, since they finished fixing up their other basement bedroom and now have beds for everyone! We gladly took them up on their offer and dropped the kids off Saturday night. Sunday we had Nate and Conrad over for dinner, which Ryan prepared, and had an enjoyable visit. Besides that, and some cleaning, it was a pretty relaxing weekend. Thanks Jenny & Brent!!
I guess it's about time for me to pick up Addie from preschool, so that's all for now:)
3 comments:
Looks like you've had quite a month! Hope Brother Williams finds a job soon!
LOVE YOUR BLOG!, I JUST ADDED YOU TO MINE.
Busy, as always! Would you have it any other way??
Post a Comment