Wow!! Somehow February came and went in the blink of an eye. I guess my biggest accomplishment this past month was finally getting the kids back into piano lessons. I had received a few references from neighbors for piano teachers here in Stansbury, but I decided to ask our friend Amy if she would be interested in teaching. She agreed, so Ashley and Alexia are continuing where they left off 7 months ago and Austyn is getting started. Amy lives just about 3 miles away and it works out just great to take them there right after school every Tuesday.
We finally made it to our first pack meeting at the start of this month, it was the Blue and Gold dinner. Austyn has yet to make it to a den meeting, but I'm thinking THIS will be the week he gets there!
We had our getting-to-know-you Relief Society activity also at the beginning of the month. We were very prepared, though we didn't quite get the turnout we had planned for. Still, we had enough ladies to make it work and it was, hopefully, a fun evening for all.
We had a weekend of parties for Adalyn's 5th birthday, celebrating first with friends and then with family. Unfortunately, I totally forgot about her preschool birthday celebration, so she didn't take a birthday treat that day. Oh well, hopefully they didn't notice.
Just before Addie's birthday Ryan and I started the HCG diet. Ryan was hoping to drop another 25-30 pounds and I just wanted to get rid of 10 pounds I have somehow accumulated over the past year. I was really excited about it at first, as Ryan had been so successful during his first 40-day diet, but after a week I was just hungry and lacking energy. I did make it through my 20 days and managed to lose 8-10 pounds with only a little cheating along the way. Now if I could just get myself to exercise regularly, I could probably easily keep it off and maybe even tone up a bit:) Ryan was planning on another 40-day diet, but only made it for 20 days this time. He did still manage to lose about 15 more pounds and is looking Great!
I survived high school parent teacher conferences and it was actually not bad at all:)
Andrew is pushing 6 feet and has a goal of 6 feet 3 inches. He's been trying to get more sleep, exercising and drinking more milk to help him reach this goal. I'll let you know how that turns out.
I am finally getting to know a few more of the ladies out here in Stansbury. Whenever I meet someone at church, I search for them on facebook hoping to get to know them a little better. I am actually really excited to speak in church coming up in April, since I feel like I haven't yet had a chance to really introduce our family to the ward.
I had a fun time with my girls this past Saturday going to a pedicure party and then to a baby shower for Conrad's wife Shannon. We got to try out Jamberry nail shields on our toes, which are almost like stickers, but with the heat of a hair dryer they actually form to your toenails (or fingernails) and will stay on for 4 to 6 weeks! Check it out www.jamberrynails.com
Ryan still doesn't have a "normal" schedule, but he has been busy "sound proofing" our closet where he sleeps during the day. His efforts have helped tremendously, but it's not yet "sound proof."
Well, I better run and pick up Ashley. Bye for now:)
1 comment:
Interesting you mention the HCG. To me, this sounds unwise--messing with hormones, but you are the second person I know in person who is/has done it. I was just talking to someone yesterday who did it with success. I just don't understand how the weight stays off after you go off the drops. Anyway, I'm glad for an update. February, though only minus 2-3 days as a regular month, always seems to fly by. I don't know where it went, either. Gotta go! Got laundry waiting!
Post a Comment