Problem #1: Once Adalyn is up, school time cannot come fast enough. She is constantly asking if it's time for school yet? So, why not let her play with friends for a couple hours in the morning? . . . This brings us to problem #2.
Problem #2: All of the kids she went to preschool with somehow ended up in Morning kindergarten, so none of them are available to play before school. (I guess I didn't get the memo that EVERYONE was requesting Morning kindergarten!)
There is some hope, however, as every few days or so Adalyn comes home and tells me she has a new friend. Unfortunately, she usually does NOT remember her new friends' names, nor does she have any "contact information" for them, so I have been trying to figure out a way that she can set up play dates with these new friends who have her same afternoon school schedule.
Thus, My Brilliant Idea! I created and printed out little "business cards" for Adalyn to give to her new friends, with HER contact information, so hopefully we can get to know some of these friends. Here is what the front and back of the card looks like. (This is not our actual phone number or address, but you get the idea;)
3 comments:
perfect!
Great idea, Julie! How is it working?
Well . . . despite all the "friends" I was hearing about, she has only given out 2 cards. She did get a birthday party invite from one of those girls:)
Post a Comment