We are in day two of three weeks of off-track time for the kids. The week started out with an early morning trip to the dentist for teeth cleaning for Andrew and Alexia (Ashley and Austyn were done two weeks ago). While we were there Alexia had her cavity filled and Andrew had his last baby tooth pulled. We made it home for a delicious lunch of ice cream before we set out to clean the house. Once the kitchen was clean we had many more options of what to eat for dinner, but we stuck to the menu and had grilled cheese sandwiches.
Today we went to Austyn's preschool for a brief program, then to the park to celebrate his last day of school. There we enjoyed playing for a little while then returned home to clean the house again. Luckily, the cleaning was much faster today as we had just cleaned yesterday. With the living room and kitchen looking decent the kids are now off to play with friends while I get some of my work done (as soon as I finish this blog). Andrew has his singing performance with the Magna Music Makers this evening at 6:30, so at least half of us (and the camcorder) are planning to attend that.
Tomorrow our plan is to take a little trip down to Orem to visit with Mary, Anna and Rob for the afternoon. (I'm looking forward to using the newly opened carpool lane.) As for the rest of the week, I really haven't planned that far ahead. Alexia's 6th birthday is coming up in just less than two weeks, so we will probably start planning for a party for her. Other than that, we'll just see how the weather is and take it day to day, hoping we can make a few more plans so the kids don't get too bored. They will go back to school on June 8th (a Thursday, weird) and will go for just over three weeks more, finishing the school year on June 30th. They will then have just three weeks off before starting the new school year on July 26th. I think going to school in the middle of summer is the hardest part of year-round school.
I guess that's all for now (at least it better be or I will never get my work done. :-) You can link to our family website on the right and see our most recent pictures.
1 comment:
Ice cream for lunch 'eh? that sounds good. Well, I was thinking you should come down to California and we could go on a Mexico trip, but I guess even with gas prices going down it is still very pricey. This blog site is a pretty cool idea. Maybe I should start one too. :)
Post a Comment