Friday, July 28, 2006

A Week of Work

The kids have enjoyed their last week of summer vacation with Ryan home. To make sure I had some uninterrupted time to work, Ryan would make sandwiches and take the kids somewhere fun almost every afternoon. One day they went to Temple Square, another day they went to Liberty Park fountains to play in the water. Friday they went to another fun park in West Jordan and Monday he took them to a barbecue and fireworks show (24th of July, Pioneer Day Celebration) at a friend's house. Saturday the 22nd we all went to Jenny & Brent's place, along with Mary & Frank, and enjoyed a barbecue there as well.

I have been able to get quite a bit more work done with Ryan's help this past week. In addition to my regular work I have been working on cleaning up and clearing out "junk" around the house. I filled several bags for DI going through the kids' clothes and toys. I also got all the laundry caught up so I could get outfits organized and ready for the kids to start school this week. I was relieved that the girls each had several nice looking outfits for school, but disappointed that Andrew only had about four pairs of shorts that were nice enough for school (at least he has several good shirts :-). I even worked out in the yard with Andrew for a day, weeding and clearing off the driveway while he mowed the lawn and trimmed the edges. There is still more to be done, but not much motivation to work in the 100 degree weather we have been having. We have been lucky enough to get a little variety in our days with a couple thunderstorms rolling through this past week. (Fun to see and hear, but a real pain when the power glitches and restarts my computer while I'm working.-)

The kids started school on Wednesday and have so far enjoyed their first days back. Alexia was up much of the night Wednesday night with an aching foot, then coughing/wheezing, so I was a little worried she would have a hard day at school on Thursday. She was a little slow getting up in the morning, but still made it to school on time without a complaint and had an enjoyable day. Austyn has really been missing the kids and keeps asking when it will be his school day. Unfortunately his preschool won't start for at least another month. He did have a fun time with Ryan yesterday running errands then going to the Children's Museum. Then Frank came over and brought Anna and Rob to play for a little while, so Austyn had fun with them as well. Thursday evening my uncle Jim came over after a business trip to Logan, so we watched a movie with him and he stayed for the night, leaving this morning to catch his plane back to California.

This morning Ryan took Austyn to see a movie at the dollar theater while the kids were at school, then later this evening he took both Austyn and Alexia to swim at Clayton's apartment pool since Ashley and Andrew both got to go swimming with friends at our local pool this afternoon.

Ryan finally got his stitches out of his hands yesterday and is glad to be healing well. He still has some tenderness and occasional pain if he is not careful, but he can definitely feel much improvement. He is planning to go to one of his carpentry apprenticeship classes next week, then back to work the following week if all goes well.

Andrew will be playing football again this summer, starting next week. Ryan has been trying to help him prepare by having him run a mile everyday and do push-ups and sit-ups. Hopefully he will be able to balance his school work and football practices without getting too overwhelmed.

Well, it sounds like Adalyn is ready to eat and running out of patience, so I better end for now.

Thanks for reading!! -- Julianne Williams

No comments: