Sunday, November 12, 2006

From October to November

I guess I have been really slacking, not updating my blog for four weeks. I was mostly waiting until I got a few recent pictures on my computer so I could share them with everyone. It has been a busy few weeks finishing up October and starting into November. At the beginning of my last entry I mentioned Alexia was sick, so I'll start off from there. We found out she had strep throat and got her started on antibiotics right away. By Tuesday the medicine had kicked in and she was feeling much better, but still contagious so she spent another day at home. Wednesday Alexia was off to school and Ashley was home with a fever, headache and not able to keep any food or drink down. She did not complain of a sore throat at all, but she also ended up having strep throat and was started on antibiotics. By Friday everyone was well again, just in time for the weekend.

Saturday Adalyn and I went up to Fruit Heights to go to a Super Saturday craft activity with JennyLyn. We made some fun decorations and had a yummy lunch. Afterwards we headed back down to try to catch the end of Andrew's football game. We made to the parking lot before the game was over, but couldn't find a place to park in time. After we met up with Ryan and the other kids we drove down to see the Cabela's store in Lehi. The kids really enjoyed looking at their large aquarium of river fish with some really large trout and other local fish. We also enjoyed the large museum type animal displays.

The next Saturday, Oct 28th, was my birthday. Friday night Ryan's dad came over for a couple hours to be with the kids so Ryan and I could go out to dinner. We also stopped by Marie Callender's to get my birthday pie, French Apple, which is an annual tradition since October is pie month and all their pies are on sale.

Saturday morning the kids had practice for their primary program and Andrew had his last football game. We dropped off the primary kids then made it to Andrew's game just after kick-off. There must have been some end-of-season enthusiasm because everyone seemed to be playing better than usual and they won that last game!! We brought Andrew home and picked up the other kids, then went out to brunch for my birthday. Later that afternoon Ashley went with Kelsi to see a play for her birthday. That evening there was a Halloween party at Ryan's parents' ward building. The kids got to dress up in costumes and trick-or-treat through the halls.

Sunday we had our primary program, then JennyLyn had us over for dinner that evening for my Birthday.

Monday I picked up Daniel and Evy from the airport late afternoon, then after a quick dinner five of us went up to Ogden to see the play Jenny & Brent are currently in (Evy, Daniel, Andrew, Ashley, Julie). It was fun but late for a school night.

Tuesday was Halloween so I was up early helping the three middle kids get their costumes on before school. After I got the four oldest kids to school I drove Evy and Daniel down to Mary's house to drop off their stuff, then over to the Marriott Center in Provo for BYU Devotional (special speaker Pres. Hinkley). I made it back home just after 11 AM, just in time to feed Adalyn and get Andrew's costume together and the punch for Ashley's class party. Just before noon, with Adalyn in the stroller, two gallons of punch on top, and Andrew's costume in a big garbage bag, I walked down to the school to pick up Austyn and drop off everything else. We made it back from there around 12:30, ate some lunch, then Adalyn and I rested for a little while. We spent the evening trick-or-treating and visiting with some friends who have an annual Halloween get-together, then we made it home by 8:30 and everyone went quickly to bed and I got to work.

The next few days must have been recovery, because I don't really remember doing much more than working and catching up on cleaning the rest of the week.

Saturday Ryan took the girls out for Ashley's birthday. First they went to Build-A-Bear where Ashley got to get her own Build-A-Bear (rabbit) & clothes and Alexia was able to pick out some clothes for the Build-A-Bear (cat) that she already had. Then they got to go get their nails painted at a salon and went out to eat. A game of bowling was also in the plans, but the wait was too long so that was postponed for another day.

Sunday Nov 5th we had a birthday party celebration for Ashley's birthday. We were joined by JennyLyn, Mary & Frank and kids, Em & Nate, Enos & Eleanor, Paul & Shirley, Kelsi & Rustin, Eric and Clayton. Ashley had a fun time and got some really cute things for her birthday.

Tuesday was Ashley's actual birthday, but we were all partied out and didn't do much that day. She got to take a treat to share with her school class, but that's about all.

Wednesday was our 9th Anniversary and JennyLyn & Brent offered to come sit with the kids so Ryan and I could go out to dinner. We didn't stay out long as it was the middle of a work/school week, but it was nice to get a break. It was awesome to come home and have the kids ready for bed and dinner all cleaned up and put away. The kids had fun too, watching the movie Cars, while we were away.

The days are getting shorter and with Daylight Savings ending the days are getting dark much earlier. It definitely makes it easier to convince Austyn it's bedtime. Austyn can now go across the monkey bars forward and backward and wants to practice almost everyday. He even insisted I video tape his accomplishment. Of course while the video camera is out everyone wants a turn to shine, so I also got some footage of the kids on the trampoline, Alexia doing flips and then trying to shoot some hoops before the video tape ran out.


Adalyn can now sit up really well on her own, so she enjoys taking baths in the kitchen sink as it is just her size.

Now that Ashley is 8 she was able to start piano lessons. Her teacher is trying a different approach to teaching beginners, so I am having a difficult time helping her understand what to do as I am not used to that method of teaching.

Andrew is done with football and supposed to have more time for other things now, though for some reason that does not seem to be the case lately. He had a lot of homework every day this week and hardly had time for his piano practicing or extra reading he is supposed to do, so we're trying to get things going more smoothly with his schedule as well.

Ashley and Alexia have been enjoying their dance class, though Ashley keeps asking when Alexia will be going to the younger class where she belongs. Since they are both beginners and their class is so small, the teacher was fine with them coming to the same class time, so I think I will keep them together until Ashley is showing more advanced capabilities that Alexia isn't keeping up with.

I am feeling a little overwhelmed recently as I am on the activities committee at church, getting ready for our Christmas dinner. I am in charge of the food for 200 and though we have a menu planned, I need to get a sign-up sheet out to get help with the potatoes, and figure out where I will purchase all the necessary ingredients, and what will need to be done to prepare them on the day of the party, and how much help I will need, and what resources I have available for warming and keeping warm, and what large dishes I will have available to use from the church, and how early I will need to get there to get it started, and who will be able to help on the day of the party, etc., etc., etc.. The party is Dec 6th which is too soon to not think about it, but as we are planning to leave town for Thanksgiving, that trip is foremost on my mind at this point and I am having a hard time trying to think beyond that weekend. Thus, my mind feels like a twisted mess many days and I would rather sleep than think about so many things.

ANYWAY, enough about my stresses. I am feeling rested today and almost ready to start the week, so I better finish up a few more things before going to bed. If you missed my "All About Me" list, I have added it to my blog below. Thanks for stopping by. Julie

No comments: