Austyn is quite enthusiastic and cheerful most of the time, unless he doesn't get enough sleep or if Ryan is teasing him. A couple weeks ago Ryan and I took Austyn with us to run a few errands and stop for a bite to eat at McDonald's. For much of the trip Austyn was quite talkative, saying "Mom guess what . . ." for each thought that popped into his head. After awhile I think Ryan must have been feeling left out and asked Austyn why he didn't ever say "Dad guess what . . ." Austyn didn't have a response to that, until Ryan was out of the car. He then told me that he doesn't want to say "Dad guess what . . ." because Dad teases him a lot. Sad, but true. Apparently Ryan has to really try hard to NOT tease Austyn, but I am always encouraging him to try harder. At the same time, I don't discourage Austyn's enthusiasm and try to return a positive response to all his ideas. Here are some samples of Austyn's "thoughts" he has shared with me this past week, most are exact quotes!
"Mom guess what? At school, I got to draw on my notebooks."
"Mom guess what? - At Seth's house we got to play a game,
and Mom guess what? - It was sooo fun."
"Mom guess what? - We get to sell some chocolate
and Mom guess what? - Then we can get candy or even a flying monkey." (prizes for "top sellers")
"Mom guess what? - Levi said my shoes are Sketchers - Levi has Sketchers too.
And guess what? - He says they are really fast."
"Mom guess what? - When it's a hot day and I'm getting hot
Mom guess what? - I am going to fill the sink with water,
and Mom guess what? - I'm going to put my head in the water."
"Well, guess what? - When I kept on going to sleep,
guess what? I had a lot of different dreams. It was so fun."
"Mom guess what I had for dinner at Seth's house? I had potatoes and meat loaf and cinnamon rolls, the white ones with little cinnamon dots. And mom guess what? For my drink I had lemonlade, cherry."
"Mom, how come if you don't wear green on that day you get pinched? Mom, do we have to go to that place where leprechauns are? (No) Good, because I don't want to get pinched."
Always Entertaining!!

I have been having some bad luck with sharp objects recently. Today was the third time I have sliced one of my fingertips in the last 2 months. The first was in January, when a piece of a metal hanger just sliced into my finger as I was looking through a clothing rack. The next time was in February. I was being very careful with the tape measure, but somehow it caught another one of my fingertips and sliced it as it was retracting. Then today, as I was cleaning our old toaster oven, so I could take it to DI, and I sliced my fingertip again. Luckily, none of these cuts have required stitches, though they make my fingertips quite tender to type with. In my line of work, this is not a good thing! I have found, however, that if I cut a Band-Aid in half lengthwise, I can cover the fingertip and ease the discomfort when typing, without creating too much bulk to type. This is a good thing. I guess it is also good that I had my tetanus booster updated this past fall, since I had gone about 17 years since my last immunization.

Always Entertaining!!

I have been having some bad luck with sharp objects recently. Today was the third time I have sliced one of my fingertips in the last 2 months. The first was in January, when a piece of a metal hanger just sliced into my finger as I was looking through a clothing rack. The next time was in February. I was being very careful with the tape measure, but somehow it caught another one of my fingertips and sliced it as it was retracting. Then today, as I was cleaning our old toaster oven, so I could take it to DI, and I sliced my fingertip again. Luckily, none of these cuts have required stitches, though they make my fingertips quite tender to type with. In my line of work, this is not a good thing! I have found, however, that if I cut a Band-Aid in half lengthwise, I can cover the fingertip and ease the discomfort when typing, without creating too much bulk to type. This is a good thing. I guess it is also good that I had my tetanus booster updated this past fall, since I had gone about 17 years since my last immunization.


This past weekend, just before the weather turned cold, we went to a Model Train Show at the Union Station in Ogden. It was a little too crowded to really enjoy all the model train displays, but the kids enjoyed climbing on the full-size train engine and cars that were on display out front. JennyLyn and her little Ammon went along with as well, so we enjoyed visiting with them for a couple hours. Among the displays was a Lego train and villages. I have a picture here of a miniature Lagoon Amuesment Park made from legos. I'm not sure where Sponge Bob fits in there, but maybe it was just a convenient location for him.


Work is picking up for me just a bit, so I am trying harder not to get distracted by all the "other" things that need to be done around here. I did take some time this morning to clean up a bit and vacuum upstairs, so at least it feels a little nicer around here.
Andrew had his first swim meet this past weekend as well. He did pretty well for a first timer. Nothing spectacular, but at least he is getting the experience. He swam backstroke and freestyle, as he is still developing his other swimming strokes. He seemed to really enjoy the experience!
Wow! I can't believe the kids only have 2 more weeks of school before they go off-track again! It sure does go by fast. At least the weather should be pleasant enough by then that they will be able to do more things outside.
Don't forget Daylight Savings starts this weekend. I'm not sure I like this new start time, it just seems to soon to make the change. I am not looking forward to next Monday and getting everyone off to school on time after this change.
Well, Adalyn is now trying to pull me out of my chair, so I guess I better attend to whatever it is she is needing. Bye for now!
1 comment:
Yay! I'm the first to leave a comment! I am actually home with a minute to access your blog! It was fun to hear about Austyn. You gave a perfect description of his "guess what?" questions and statements.
I am so glad it is getting warmer, too. Spring is just around the corner and already here in Brent's opinion. Thanks for the daylight savings reminder.
JennyLyn
Post a Comment