There was an awards ceremony on the last day of school and Ashley received 2 trophies! One was for the top reading minutes for her grade, the other for the top AR points (which is also related to reading).
On Memorial Day we spent a couple of hours with Jenny & Brent in Park City. While there, we went to the "Outlet" stores. Addie's favorite was the Claire's outlet, where she helped herself to a whole rack of beaded necklaces. She was quite disappointed to take them all off, but what a cute picture!
I had previously mentioned the arrival of our new cousin, Sarah Job, and here is a picture of her.
Another new cousin, Melissa Mayo, just arrived yesterday. She was born to Marianne & Frank, June 12th. Here is a picture of her.
Alexia celebrated her 8th birthday on June 5th. As such, we had about 3 days of celebrating. We opened presents and went out to eat at Del Taco on her actual birthday, Thursday. On Friday evening, Alexia was baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. After that special event, we had a bit of a "family" party for her, with cake and ice cream.
This is Alexia, after her baptism, with our Tucker cousins. Kylie, Kortney & Trevor.
On Saturday, Alexia had a party with her friends. Ryan was able to get a big blow-up slide for the kids to play on for the party. We also did some crafty stuff, making bookmarks and flower pens. All in all, the kids had a great time and there were no serious injuries. YAY!!This week we have had some extra practices for dance, as the girls' recital is coming up this weekend. I am really looking forward to a break from that.
Adalyn, for some reason, really likes to play in the moisturizing cream. After this incident, her face is really moisturized!My work has been insanely busy and stressful lately. All week I have been getting dictations that I don't usually transcribe, so it has been taking me a lot longer as some of the "specialty" terminology is unfamiliar. It is so frustrating! I already have a hard time completing my required 1200 lines on a normal day, so these "complications" are really increasing my stress/anxiety level. In addition, I don't feel like I am getting anything else done around here and my office is a mess. I am feeling especially irritable and anxious today, so I am trying really hard not to take it out on everyone. Unfortunately, my stomach is in knots right now and I am on the verge of a breakdown with every interruption.
Anyway, I guess that's all for today.
Anyway, I guess that's all for today.
1 comment:
I know anxiety is frustrating. You handle it all so well. Just remember what is really important. Be still and know that He is God. Hope that doesn't sound too preachy. Hope you get a chance to recharge your batteries and take a little time out for yourself!
Post a Comment