To beat the heat this last Saturday, I took the kids up Millcreek Canyon for a BBQ. I brought the camera to document our little getaway, as Ryan was working and couldn't come with us. It was so nice up there, a much needed break from the 100-degree temps back in the Valley.
We found a nice little picnic area and settled in for a couple hours, starting a fire and roasting our hot dogs, marshmallows and we experimented with cooking biscuit dough over the fire. (still working out the kinks in this process) Ashley probably had the best result with her biscuit, as she was able to cook it over the hot coals and therefore it didn't burn the outside as quickly.
Before we realized it the sun started to go down and by the time we left the canyon it was already 9:30 PM, way past bedtime. We quickly got home and got the kids to bed without much fuss, in fact, as soon as we came in the house Addie grabbed her juice cup and said "night night" and was easily put to bed and quickly asleep.On Sunday we had a special Sacrament meeting program, having the Days of '47 Royalty speak to us and sing a musical number. We were privileged last year also to hear from the Days of '47 Royalty for 2007. It is interesting to know that participants in the "Days of '47 Royalty Pageant" must be direct descendants of a Utah pioneer who arrived prior to the completion of the railroad in 1869. The young women must be between the ages of 18 and 25, and never married. They are interviewed about their service, accomplishments and goals, so obviously much more than a beauty pageant.
For more detailed information about this year's royalty, along with their many accomplishments, you can take this link http://www.dupinternational.org/content.htmlFor some reason the kids seem to be a little extra hyper/energetic this last couple days. At 11:30 last night I could still hear Adalyn playing in her room. CRAZY! Today Austyn seemed to be bouncing off the walls. I took him to play at his friend Logan's house, but told Logan's mom to call me if things got too crazy over there. Addie is skipping her nap today, hopefully enabling an earlier bedtime tonight. Maybe I'll have to give them all turkey for dinner, that always seems to put me to sleep. :-)
Looking forward to our camping trip this weekend. I guess Ryan definitely will not be able to come along :-( It sounds like it will probably just be Eric & Becky with us both nights, and Emily & Nate will be coming up for one night. So, not a huge group, but usually that's a little less stress for me.
Anyway, I better get back to work or get dinner started. I am really trying to get all my work done on time this week, as to not delay our camping trip in any way. I'll be back soon!!
3 comments:
Julie it was so good to "hear" from you I was glad to be able to sit down and read how hectic(frantic chicken w/ head cut off) you have felt too I am always busy and yet the list never gets shorter. It was good to see you take time out to play a little. We are doing well. hope things get better. I will try to keep in better contact. see ya melinda
Hey, Julie. I just visited with your parents and Evelyn down at the stake center while we were waiting for temple rec interviews. My, aren't we churchy?? Anyway, I'm jealous of your trip up to the mountains and the campfire. Sounds like so much fun. I would much have preferred that to waiting in the long lines in the HEAT at Legoland last week. Oh, well. I did it for my kiddos, who seemed to have a good time. Talk to you later!
Its looks like you guys have been keeping busy and having fun!
I love going to the canyons!
Great music on your blog by the way!
Post a Comment