Thursday, September 25, 2008

What Is Up With Me Today?

Why is it that just when I think I am having an okay day, and things are getting done, somebody has to throw a kink in it? I got a decent start on my work this morning, though I hadn't done as much as I thought. No worries there, I've got time today, but then here it comes . . . . a "negative" email from my supervisor about formatting a file incorrectly. Keep in mind that this was a work type that I had not done for months!! Anyway, of course I have no excuses because I SHOULD HAVE referred to the "manual" if I was unsure about anything. I HATE the manual!!!! They have seriously updated/changed it at least 5 times in the last year, so just when I think I know what's going on, the client will change their "preference" and I have to remember something new. Some of these "preferences" will even go back and forth, starting one way, then going another way, just to return to the original method. I try to refer to the most current version, but some of the older versions have more samples of reports and I find it easier to SEE the format rather than figuring it all out by reading about how to set it up. Anyway, no biggie, I took a break from work and listened to my music for a while and my mood improved. I then went visiting teaching for a couple hours. We were only able to see 2 of our sisters, but we had good visits and I was refreshed when I returned home, ready to get back at it. Unfortunately, I get back on my computer only to find I had ANOTHER problem report. Okay, now I am starting to get a little down about things. So, I take another break and Addie and I have some lunch. I get her down for a nap and I am ready to get back to work. I download my files and even start on a file, when I get a THIRD email - another problem file. Alright, that's it, now I am ready to give up for the day. What is up with me? I am usually so careful. My accuracy is usually 98% or better, but for some reason NOT Today :-( I am now feeling like strike 3 and I'm out. Maybe if I go catch up on some laundry and dishes I will be ready to try again. However, I am not looking forward to parent-teacher conferences at the junior high this afternoon. Do I really have to go? I wish Ryan would be home in time to go instead. Hopefully things will improve this afternoon, or I may need to spend the evening watching a funny movie and eating ice cream. Actually, I would probably do that anyway :-)

2 comments:

Lara said...

We all have our off days, Julie. They keep us humble!

Rustin & Kelsi said...

Sometimes life seems so hard, huh? Even when to everyone else it looks like you have everything in order. I hope things have picked up for you. At least you have the cutest kids ever! Well, of course -all of my nieces and nephews are though!