Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's October

Wow, time really flies when you're . . . . busy! It seems like we have been doing a lot of running around the past few weeks, but hopefully we got a few things accomplished. Andrew has 2 more football games this season. Last Saturday was pretty windy and the temperature dropped to the low 40s for his game. Luckily, there was a break in the clouds and we had sun for the whole game:-) The Saturday before was not as cold, but they were playing in pouring rain, so most of us watched the game from the van. This Saturday is looking to be sunny and 70, which should be just right.

We have been having quite a variety of weather this past couple weeks. We even had snow last Sunday! The days have started to warm up to near 60, but our nighttime temps have been dropping down into the 30s and 40s. Brrrrrrr!
We had quite a group over here for conference weekend. Jenny & Brent, my sister Evy, my brother Dave and his friend Darrell, were all here Saturday evening. The girls had a little "girls' night" while the boys went to the priesthood session for a couple hours. Jenny & Brent headed home after that, but Dave, Darrell and Evy stayed overnight to watch both Sunday sessions with us. I managed to stay awake for almost all the sessions, and when I did fall asleep it was only about 30 minutes. I have found that coloring/doodling/drawing helps me to stay awake. This is also quite helpful in sacrament meeting.

The kids had a "crazy hair day" at school a couple of weeks ago. Ashley was pretty creative in her "idea" for her crazy hair, and this was the result . . . . .

Ryan is STILL not working full time and, unfortunately, the part-time work he has been doing all summer has slowed down to only a few hours on the weekend :-( He is on the "out of work list" at the Union, but has not been moving up very fast. Last week he was #5 on the list, but he was only #18 when he put his name on the list over a month ago. Hopefully things will pick up soon! He did finally interview with the company he has been trying to get a job with since May. It does sound promising and the supervisor said he would call as soon as things pick up over there (supposedly mid October) so we are REALLY hoping for that call ASAP.
My work is starting to slow down for the fall/winter months. It's kind of weird, as when I was doing ER reports the work would pick up in the winter. Hopefully I can continue to get enough until Ryan is back to work.
The kids are off Thursday and Friday this week for their "Fall Break." Tomorrow may be a little crazy, but Ryan is planning to take them to Lagoon on Friday to hopefully get a little more use out of their season passes before the season is over!
I better get back to work while I can . . . . I am expecting a technician to come over sometime this afternoon and switch us over to DSL. They finally talked me into it, now that they have a fiberoptic connection that will have internet speeds equal to or better than my current cable connection. I am quite resistent to changing something that I know works. I have not switched my phone or internet provider in probably at least 5 years. I really hope it is as good as they say it is, because I am VERY particular when it comes to my internet access as my job DEPENDS on it, as well as my daily life . . . . checking bank balances, paying bills, checking news and weather, maps, school information, calendars, the list goes on and on. I usually feel extremely restricted when my internet goes out. So, like I said, it better be Awesome!
Well, that's all for now. ---->>>> Julie

3 comments:

Lara said...

Hiya Julie!

Aimee said...

Hey Williams family! I love reading your blog. I'm not very good at leaving comments, but I thought I would let you know that we love keeping up with what's going on with our old best friends. We miss our old Dayton Street! You guys are awesome and we were so lucky to have such great neighbors and friends. I love blogging and keeping in touch this way. Thanks for calling for playdates - (even if they don't work out because I am a mean mom and I don't let Josh ride his bike all the way to your house).

Your vacation to Yellowstone looks like it was a blast! We have been wanting to take the kids there forever (like twelve years - since we went there on our Honeymoon) and for some reason the car takes us to Disneyland every time instead! What's up with that?? Maybe 2009 will be the magic year for us.

P.s. I love your blog, Ashley! How's Activity Days?

Rustin & Kelsi said...

Hi Williams family! Rusty and I miss you guys! We love getting updates checking in on your blog. We hope things turn up with work opportunities soon. We're hearing the gloom and doom in the US via news here. We love you guys!