Monday, February 16, 2009

Just Bloggin'

So, I'm having one of those afternoons when I should be working, but I don't feel like it, so I'm listening to music and bloggin'.


I guess I am not really "big" on Valentine's Day, so I was not seriously depressed that I wouldn't be spending it with my sweetheart. However, as fate would have it, Ryan ended up driving a load into Southern California on Friday morning and was then able to take 2 days off from driving to spend with US!! What an awesome surprise. So, he was here for Addie's 3rd birthday, Friday the 13th, as well as Valentine's Day on Saturday. :)


We got Addie a new carseat/booster seat for her birthday, along with some smaller toys, coloring books and stickers. She had a fun time opening presents and singing happy birthday to herself all day. My good friend Heather, and her daughter Brooklyn, also joined us for the party.



Saturday we went to Doheny Beach in Dana Point to look at the tide pools. We brought my brother Jerry, his girlfriend Sharon, and met my uncle Jim there. The kids loved climbing all over the rocks and discovering different sea life in the pools. The tide didn't go out as far as we had hoped, but we did see a few star fish and a lot of muscles on the rocks. I even got a picture of Alexia "petting" one of the star fish on the underside of a rock. After the tide pools we drove up PCH a little ways to Salt Creek Beach so the kids could actually pick up a few shells to keep (as this was prohibited in the tide pools). It was not very warm, probably in the 50's, so we didn't do any swimming at the beach this time, but the kids had fun and got pretty wet anyway.

Other than the beach, we haven't really gone anywhere while we have been here. After the weekend of rain, we've had a few sunny days and the kids have been enjoying playing outside, either in the back on the trampoline, or in the front on the scooters and skate boards.

We don't have much more planned this week, just hoping to visit with a few friends before we head back home. Today was a rainy holiday, Presidents' Day, so my dad took the kids to a movie this afternoon.

Andrew seems to be doing alright with relatives back home, not everything has gone as smoothly as hoped, but all is well with him. Our current plan is to begin our trip home this Saturday or Sunday, planning to arrive home Monday afternoon. Depending on potential storms, however, this plan could change. We'll just have to see how things go this week.

3 comments:

Rustin & Kelsi said...

I LOVE the updates and the pictures!! Congratulations to Ryan on his new job! I love you guys!

Lara said...

Wow, Julie. The rain just seems to follow you wherever you go!

Lara said...

P.S. It was great to see you! Take care!