Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Random Pics and Happenings

Not too much happening this past week to blog about, so I downloaded some recent pictures from my phone and here they are!

This is Addie playing cashier at our local family fitness center. They have a really fun play area for the kids which includes a little "store" that the kids can pretend to shop in and then check out at the end. This was Addie's favorite part, until the kids started putting the items on the counter faster than she could check them through:)



We found this caterpillar crawling along the sidewalk as we went to Andrew's football game last Saturday, so the kids wanted to take a picture. Not the best quality, but you get the idea.

Every once in a while the kids will find the Lincoln Logs and go to work on building pretty much the only thing you can build with Lincoln Logs, log cabins. These were Austyn's creation. I'm not sure, but I think it's supposed to be a house and a dog house?


Addie LOVES to make eggs. We make them at least every other day. She will crack the eggs for me and I will open the egg into a small bowl. She will stir it up, add salt and pepper and pour it into the warm pan. Then she stirs it while it cooks. I tell her when to turn off the stove, then she sprinkles the cheese on it and I help her get it from the pan to her plate. From there they usually go right into the freezer, as they are too hot, then hopefully she eats them in the end:)


Addie really enjoys dressing up with our different Halloween wigs. This is our corpse bride wig. I try to keep it out of site in the top of the closet because as soon as she spots it, it must come down! I think she just likes pretending she has long hair.

This is a picture Ashley painted. She followed a step by step sample in a book, but it was all done free hand. I think it turned out pretty good! (If you can't tell, it's a cat looking out a window.)


This picture is not from Addie's photo shoot, but you can see that she has that natural modelling ability.


I am lovin' the look of fall all around. The leaves are changing colors and falling along the streets. I just wish the weather would give us a more gradual descent into winter. We've been hovering in the upper 50's and low 60's for a couple weeks, but finally made it back into the 70's near 80 this past weekend. Today we're back in the 50's with rain and it looks like the temps aren't going to rise much above that at least for the next week. I guess we ARE nearing the end of October, so I won't be surprised if we don't get anything warmer.

I had 8 hours of mandatory overtime this past weekend and I actually managed to get it all done!! I got a slow start on it Saturday afternoon, but managed to finish it up Sunday afternoon after church.

The kids have their "Reflections" awards assembly coming up this week, so we're all looking forward to that. Their school is great about giving EVERYONE something for participating, so even the kids who don't "win" feel rewarded for their efforts. Ashley turned in a project in almost every category. Alexia waited until the second to last minute and managed to turn in projects in at least 3 categories. I think Austyn turned in 2 projects, but now I can't remember. Anyway, at least none of them will be left out this year:)

Ryan volunteered to have the missionaries over for dinner Thursday night. He said he would cook dinner, so I agreed. Hopefully that works out and I only have to worry about keeping the house clean.

Andrew only has 2 more football games this season. This Saturday is a home game, then his last game will be in Bountiful on Halloween. The weather, so far, has cooperated every weekend for his games. This Saturday also looks like it's going to be comfortable, which makes it much nicer for those of us watching the game:)

Well, I guess I better get Addie out of the tub and finish up my work for the day. I might need a nap this afternoon. I think this dark, rainy day is making me tired. Lookin' forward to some sun tomorrow!! (or at least by Friday:)

3 comments:

Jared and Emily said...

Joey loves to help with eggs to! So difficult sometimes to keep him from burning himself. He loves to help crack the eggs and stir them and sometimes I let him work the spatula to. Luckily it is one ofthe few things that he does eat!

Lara said...

The weather here gave us all whiplash last week. 50s on Monday and high 90s on Friday. Crazy!

Ashley said...

I can tell it is a Cat looking out a window because III painted it.