Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Super Blessed!!

It's been a busy and crazy couple of weeks since my last post and I have to say right off that we are SUPER BLESSED!! Here's the story . . . . I spent October 27th, the day before my birthday, doing the usual major clean up so I could have a clean house on my birthday. I spoke to Ryan on the phone midday as usual and went on with my day. As I was finishing up some grocery shopping around 8:30 p.m. I got a call from Ryan letting me know that he had been in an accident in the semi truck and that he was okay, but was on the way to the hospital to get stitched up and probably wouldn't be home on time. Thankfully it was Ryan that called me and not the police or a co-worker, as I would have been way more stressed about it. Come to find out, they had hit a patch of black ice on a bridge up near Pocatello, Idaho. The semi truck slid completely across the bridge and was nearly stopped at the other end when the front went just over the edge of the embankment and sent the truck ROLLING down a hill. Ryan thinks he was conscious for most of the rolling, as he was holding on for dear life, but doesn't know how he got a huge gash in his head. The truck was Totally destroyed. Both Ryan and his partner were able to climb out of the truck and call for help immediately after the accident and an ambulance arrived quickly to take them to the hospital. Ryan was visibly the worst off of the two, with blood gushing out of his head with a pretty deep cut. He was sent from one hospital to another so a CAT scan could be done to rule out any bleeding in his brain. Everything looked fine!! Ryan's dad was able to pick him up in Pocatello and they stayed the night there, heading home the next day. Needless to say, I was a bit anxious throughout my birthday just waiting for Ryan to come home. Finally, just before 4:00 pm, my sweetheart was home. Luckily, all I got to see was this nice closed laceration and bloody clothes. So, as I said in the beginning, we are SUPER BLESSED!

Now to back up a few days. The kids did GREAT with their Reflections projects this year. At the awards assembly Ashley and Alexia each received 2 trophies and Austyn received a trophy as well. Ashley, Alexia and Austyn all won trophies for their choreography/dance, Ashley won a trophy for her music composition and Alexia won a trophy for filmography. I am one Proud Parent!!

Football is finally over. They even won their last game, what a way to end the season!!

I was really excited when I saw the calendar this year, seeing that Halloween was on a Saturday and the kids didn't have school on Friday! I thought "Yay, the kids won't have to dress up for a Halloween parade at school!" Apparently, I was incorrect in thinking this and found out that Halloween would be celebrated on Thursday, October 29th instead. That's just weird! One positive, though, I guess the 5th and 6th graders don't dress up, so I only had to worry about early morning costumes on Austyn and Alexia.

Halloween itself was actually quite enjoyable. The weather was very mild, probably near 60, when we went through our neighborhood. Things cooled off quite a bit once it got dark, but nothing like in some years past. We went to our friends' annual Halloween gathering for chili and apple dip, Super Yummy!! I had fun just hanging out and visiting, while Ryan and Marcus took the kids around trick-or-treating. PLUS, the big bonus for this Halloween, it was also daylight savings that night, so we all got plenty of sleep despite being out late partying:)

A couple days after Halloween, I had a little outpatient surgery done on my abdomen. All went well and there have been no problems or complications. I think the worst part was having to be under full anesthesia, as it took me a couple of days to shake that off completely. I am feeling much better this week and getting around without problems. I do still tire easily, but I guess it's only the first week.

We celebrated our 12th anniversary at home this year, as I had just had surgery. Instead, we sent the 4 older kids with Kelsi, Rusty and Clayton to stay at "our" condo for the weekend. They had a fun time swimming, hiking and just driving around the canyons. We had fun here at home, ordering take out from the Ho Ho Gourmet and watching movies all weekend. Addie had fun spending time with us too.

Work has slowed down a bit, so just doing my average day plus a little extra when I can. I'm not looking forward to the holiday slow down, at least money wise.

We celebrated Ashley's birthday on Sunday, November 1st. Ashley finally got what she has been wanting for the last couple years, Disney Scene It. It was a combined gift from Kelsi & Rusty, Grandma & Grandpa and Em & Nate. She was WAY excited and the kids have played it almost every day since then. She also got Miley Cyrus's latest CD, some clothes, some jewelry, some candy and some cash.

Now that we've passed our anniversary/birthday weekend, we're looking forward to getting together with family for Thanksgiving. Only 2 more weeks!! Then Austyn's birthday is just 2 weeks after that. I can't believe he will be 8 this year! We are planning to have him baptized the day after Christmas, along with our cousin Madeline. Planning on 11:00 on December 26, in the church building located at 3650 S 8400 West in Magna (just in case you'll be in the area).

Well, I better get started making a Jell-O salad for Andrew to take to his football banquet tonight. Thanks for stopping by and Thanks for being a friend:)

3 comments:

Jared and Emily said...

I am so glad he is okay! That would be a scary phone call!

Amy S. said...

He is super lucky! Nice 'C' scar on his head....maybe it stands for 'Close Call!' :)

Lara said...

You are super blessed! May the blessings keep on coming!