Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sweet Austyn

I thought I better write up a quick post about Austyn this afternoon before I forget the sweet story he told me.

Apparently, last night, Austyn woke up with his leg hurting. This is not an uncommon occurrence and we keep the heating pad in his room because of this. It's really kind of sad sometimes because occasionally his leg will hurt so bad he will feel like he is going to throw up. In general, he will tiptoe or crawl into our room, as to not wake up Dad, and then quietly wake me up to help him with his leg. Soooooo . . . . . here's the story according to Austyn. . . . . Last night he woke up with his leg hurting and he felt like he was going to throw up. He quietly came into our room and thought I was sleeping on Dad's side of the bed and Dad was sleeping on my side of the bed, but then he heard Dad breathing and knew it wasn't me. (He then goes on to demonstrate Dad's breathing and Mom's breathing) He then apparently tried to wake me up, but I didn't wake up easily. Then he was worried that I would be angry if he woke me up or I might not feel well enough to get up and help him. So, he therefore proceeded to say a prayer. After his prayer he no longer felt like he was going to throw up and his leg stopped hurting and he went back to bed. :o)

4 comments:

Tarena said...

My Megan has leg pains too except she wakes up screaming as if her legs had been cut off. Does the heating pad work for him? We're looking for other alternatives to medicines because it seems to happen a couple times a week lately.

Rustin & Kelsi said...

I love your kids! Poor Austyn! Do you think it's growing pains? I used to get cramps in my legs and feet all the time. I haven't figured out why, but stopped wearing bad shoes and try to eat lots of veggies.

Kelly Job said...

Is this another genetic Job thing? That happened to Madeline. I took her to an ER and after that an othapetic surgeon. He said something about how mucus gets in the joints and causes the pain. It happens after colds or strep. She was just in so much pain, but he said it wasn't something to worry about

Happy Go Lucky said...

I recommend Glucosamine HCI 1500mg with MSM 1500mg (one large pill-will need to be crushed and put in milk or something for a child)
This is a miracle worker. It may take a few days to start working though. I get it at Sam's Club for around $11 or $12 for a huge bottle. Now I take it every day and will never go without it. Wish the doctors were more informed on supplements. I had such terrible pain walking and my doctor sent me for x-rays and to specialists and to physical therapy before I read about MSM. When I told him about the relief I'd gotten he just ho-hummed it off. It works. Look it up.