Saturday, May 08, 2010

Our New House??













Well, I think we've finally found a house. It is in the same neighborhood in Stansbury Park that we have been looking at since the beginning of our search and it is in great shape. Our offer has been accepted and now we're just waiting on final bank approval for our loan to close later this month. We will need to fence off the back yard, but that's all we'll have to do. It has 5 bedrooms and 3 full bathrooms. There is no basement, but a 7-foot "crawl space" that we can easily finish digging out and finish as a basement a few years down the road. There is already a light down there and electrical outlets. The kids are rather excited about this area under the house as it is accessed through a door in the floor in the closet with a ladder leading down to it. Almost like having our own secret indoor playhouse under the house. Andrew is actually insistent that he will be sleeping down there right away, as he would like to have his own space. We can't actually fit a mattress through the hole in the closet floor, so he will have to sleep on a cot. We'll have to see how long that lasts. We will set up his bed in an upstairs bedroom with Austyn just in case.

We are planning to move in gradually throughout June, so we don't have the same moving/cleaning rush we had getting out of our last house. Plus, the elementary school kids won't be out of school until the end of June. At least most of our stuff is still boxed up and in the garage, so it should be a lot easier this time. I am hoping we can get the fence up first thing before we are completely moved in so we won't have to tie up the dog for any period of time.

The kids just started their 3-week off track time this week, so getting my work done has been harder. At least I've had plenty of work available this week. It has been nice not having to be up by 7:00 to make sure the kids are getting ready for school, though now I'm not sure if Andrew is getting out the door on time.

The girls have been busy with play practice, learning their songs and dances. They are still enjoying it, so that is good. They only have about a month left before the show starts, so still a lot to do for that.

Andrew is getting some good exercise riding his bike to and from school daily. There have been a few days where I have had to take him, with bad weather and flat tires. I finally bought "guaranteed no flat" tires this last time, so hopefully those will last a little longer.

Addie's new favorite place to go is the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. Ryan took her a couple weeks ago and she's been talking about it ever since. We decided to buy a family pass to all of Thanksgiving Point, so we could all enjoy the museum, farm country and the gardens. I haven't been there yet, but Ryan has already taken all the kids a couple of times.

Today is looking to be a pretty nice day, right around 70 degrees. We are planning to go to the park for a Mother's Day lunch with Ryan's family. Hopefully it isn't too crowded, but with the great weather on a Saturday afternoon it probably will be.

Well, I better get back to work so I don't have to worry about getting it done later. I am hoping for a relaxing Mother's Day tomorrow:)

2 comments:

Lara said...

Beautiful home! You work hard--you deserve it!

Amy S. said...

the house looks huge! awesome!