So, it's been a few weeks since my last post so I thought I better update you on our current situation.
Our house has finally sold. We closed on April 8 and moved out that weekend. We had a lot of help from family and friends and I am so thankful, we couldn't have done it without them!! Ryan actually took a couple loads on Wednesday and Thursday with most of the "big" items, but there was still plenty to do to get out of there by 6:00 pm on Saturday.
We are currently living in a rental house elsewhere in Magna while we wait to hear if our offer will be accepted on the new house. It's been an adjustment getting used to taking the kids to school each morning and picking them up every afternoon, but they are glad they haven't had to switch schools in the middle of the school year. Andrew is biking it to school and home, as long as the weather permits, so I've only had to take him to school once.
We're basically living out of boxes here at the rental, as I don't want to have to repack too much when we get our house. We're getting used to not having everything accessible, but not always liking it. The kids are missing our playground and trampoline, but have found other "games" to occupy their free time.
Ashley and Alexia both made it into the play Annie at our local theater, so they have been busy with rehearsals this past couple weeks. They are really excited!! We're all looking forward to watching it during June and July.
Work has dropped off again at job #1, so I'm glad I have backup job #2 to try to make up for it. I just wish I had a more flexible schedule there. It's been hard staying up until 1:00 a.m. some days, but I'm doing it.
We had a great getaway for spring break, going with our friends down to their ranch in Delta for 4 days. The kids had a great time riding the wheelers and motorcycles and I enjoyed some much needed relaxation time.
My brother Jonny flew into town last Tuesday on his way to BYU Idaho. We really enjoyed having him visit for a few days.
We looked at a few more houses this past weekend, hoping to find a backup house just in case our offer is not accepted. I've found I don't really like looking for houses, it can be really exhausting. We did find one place, just around the block from our first offer, that we decided to offer on. However, it is also a "short sale" so the process could be just as long. I guess we'll just have to see which one comes back first.
In the meantime at least our rental house is nice. It's not much bigger than the house we came from, but is more open so it seems bigger. It does stress me out a bit since this is not "our house," so we have to be extra careful to keep it just as it was when we moved in.
We weren't able to get our piano in the house, so the kids have to practice piano in the garage. It's not so bad though, and it sure is much quieter for the rest of us:)
I'm not sure if it's stress or my work schedule, but I've been super tired lately. I feel like I could just lie down for most of the day. Mtn Dew doesn't even seem to help much anymore. The last couple of weeks I've had to head out to the car after Sacrament Meeting to take a quick nap before Relief Society. Hopefully whatever it is will pass, I'm sure not liking this.
I guess I better get off the computer for a little while before Adalyn draws on all the papers on my desk. Bye for now:)
1 comment:
Saw your parents and Evelyn at a wedding reception on Saturday. Evie looks just like your mom! Your life sounds crazy, and I think you are amazing for all you do for your family. No wonder you are tired, girl!
Post a Comment