Hooray! We are finally moved into our new home and we LOVE IT! I love that it has separate temperature controls for the upstairs and downstairs, so it is actually COOLER upstairs than down, which is great for sleeping:) I've also found that our oversized walk-in closet is great as a dressing room . . . . . no more walking around the house naked after a shower because everything you need is right there in the master bathroom and closet. I was super excited to find a large dining room table for $200 on KSL Classifieds. It came with 7 chairs and with both leaves in it can seat 10+. I love that we have a kitchen big enough for a full size table! I love that we have a 4-foot crawl space that we can store our Christmas decorations, our food storage and our camping gear in. It's almost like having another 1000 square feet of usable space. I love that we got the same home warranty as those who built brand new homes, as the few little problems we have run into have been fixed right away with no run around:) I've found it's really not too bad that the nearest grocery store is about 7 miles away. I love having a park across the street and a little lake just 2 blocks away. I love the thick curtains that were left for us in the living room, family room and loft, they are great for blocking out the light when they are closed. I love that we have friends just 3 miles away so at least the 3 younger kids aren't totally homesick for Magna. I love that everything is so clean and new and all I have to do is maintain the cleanliness. I love that there are grounded electrical outlets EVERYWHERE!
There are a few things I am not thrilled about, though I don't think we could have found a better place than this. They don't have a recycling program out here, so I'm having a really hard time getting used to throwing away all those recyclable items. We still have to get blinds or curtains for all the bedroom windows and sliding glass door. It's going to cost a lot more than anticipated to finish off the fence and put in a couple gates. We don't get to go to the church building that is around the corner, but have to drive to another building in the area. But, as you can see, the negatives really aren't that bad, so all in all we are SUPER HAPPY to be in our new Home Sweet Home:)
4 comments:
Awesome, awesome, awesome! I love when good things happen to good people, Julie! If we are ever in the area, you know we will stop by for a visit!
Hey Sister Williams I just wantd to tell you that on my computer your post says it's been removed. I do not know about anyone elses.
-Meghan Case
Ps;WE miss you guys!
Thanks Meghan! I think it is fixed now:)
Yeah it's fixed!
Post a Comment