This is a picture of Addie with piggie tails. I don't remember what gave her the idea, but that is how she wanted her hair done that day. Lately Addie has been doing her own hair. She will spray it with water, scrunch it and then put in 2 or 3 piggie tails. This is her ROCKSTAR hair style. She also likes to layer her clothing, not just tanks and tops, also pants with shorts over them and then boots to top it all off. She definitely has her own sense of style and not much care that it is 98-100 degrees outside. If I don't hide them, she's wearing pants and long sleeve shirts almost everyday:) Once she has her outfit just right, she turns on the music in Ashley's room and dances around. She's got the moves!!
Here is Austyn with his bookmark award for reaching his reading goal for the year. The girls also received several awards in a separate assembly, but I didn't stay around to take pictures of them after the PTA made us sit through a 45-minute slide show of the year's activities. Enough Already! The awards assembly actually started at 9:00, I arrived purposely late at 9:30 hoping to miss the PTA's "farewell," but then the actual AWARDS didn't even start until after 10:00! I was more than a little annoyed about that. Then, to top it all off, I had no signal in the school and couldn't text my distress to anyone:( Oh well, new year, new school, hopefully things will be better!
This is me, today, after I cut my hair this morning. I was really trying to grow it out, but the heat was really getting to me. It was long enough to put in a pony tail, but then it just looked stupid. So, I decided to take a couple inches off. It is definitely quicker to wash when it's short and I feel cooler already:)

My parents just left town this morning after coming up for our Heward family reunion this past weekend. We have had four days of family get togethers and tons of fun! Only two of my brothers actually slept here, but we had everyone else over Friday afternoon, Saturday evening and Monday. It was so nice to have the space for everyone to visit without feeling too crowded.
Saturday we spent the afternoon at the family reunion. We had a delicious lunch, with plenty of food. Before and after lunch the kids, young and old, had a great time with water balloons! We also played a few other games and had a short talent show. Austyn could have gone on for an hour with his joke telling, but we had to cut him short so others could share their talents:) After we wrapped things up there we headed home for dinner with Sam & Kelly and their kids, Mary and her kids, Jenny & Brent and Ammon, Jonny and Jimmy.
On Sunday we went to Draper for Adelaide's blessing (Evy & Sam's new baby). After lunch with Evy's in-laws we drove over the hill to visit Kelsi and Rusty at their new place. From there we drove down to Orem to Mary & Frank's place for dinner, where we met up with my parents, Jenny & Brent, Jonny and Jimmy. After dinner Jonny and Jimmy came home with us for the night.
Monday my parents came out and spent the afternoon and early evening before taking Jonny and Jimmy back to my grandparents' house. My mom helped Ashley make peanut butter fingers, SUPER YUMMY!! Of course they were gone in less than 24 hours.
Today things are back to "normal." I finally got around to vacuuming today. YAY for me!! We are also catching up on laundry, or at least trying to make a dent in the pile. Andrew mowed the front yard today and tomorrow will finish up the back. I scheduled dentist appointments for everyone before school starts. One more thing marked off the TO DO list.
The play Annie is finally over and the girls are missing it. They really enjoyed the whole experience. Now it's on to football for the boys. Andrew will be playing his last summer of little league football this year and I've also signed Austyn up for his first year of playing. I am anticipating very busy Saturdays for the next 3 months. What have I gotten myself into?!?!
Andrew will be turning 15 in less than 2 weeks, on August 8th. He will then be old enough to get his drivers permit, though I don't anticipate him getting it right away. He has had the driving handbook to study, but hasn't picked it up much this summer. He is scheduled to take drivers ed second semester at the high school.
Anyway, I guess its about time to get started on my evening work so that's all for now.



1 comment:
Busy, busy, busy! Thanks for the updates!
Post a Comment