For UEA weekend we spent Thursday through Sunday in Delta, UT. The kids had a GREAT time 4-wheeling all day everyday. We forgot our case of DVDs, but luckily there was a Redbox in town, so all was not lost. We watched "How to Train Your Dragon" several times, the new "Karate Kid," "Prince of Persia," "Marmaduke," "Furry Vengeance," just to name a few. And, for the record, I DO NOT recommend "Woke up Dead." I hadn't heard of it before, but saw that "Napoleon Dynamite" was the star, so I had high hopes for a good comedy. However, it was quite disappointing and pretty much just stupid, so don't waste your dollar on that one.
While the kids were riding 4-wheelers all day, I spent a lot of time reading. I finished my book "I'll Find You" by Clair Poulson, it was actually pretty good. It's the first "LDS Fiction" book I've read and I was NOT disappointed.
Saturday afternoon we went to the lake. I didn't go in, but the kids said the water was pretty cold. The lake was also REALLY low. Apparently they have drained a lot of the water out for local irrigation. Most of the kids were able to walk all the way out to the buoy, which is usually not possible when the lake is full.
With the water being so low the kids found a wonderful beach of MUD. What began as just a mud fight, turned into an all out roll in the mud and all the kids were covered!If you can't tell with all the mud . . . . . THIS IS AUSTYN
THIS IS ALEXIA
THIS IS THE WHOLE GROUP - Alexia, Gator, Scott, Jake, Shay, Spencer, Brianna and Ashley.This past week we had PERFECT fall weather and I really enjoyed it. However, the winds of change kicked up yesterday and today our high is only going to be 45 degrees:( Winter is just around the corner and I am not looking forward to that.
Today I am going to take Andrew to see if he can get his learner's permit. The only thing I think could be a problem would be his eyesight. He did get glasses in elementary school because he was having trouble seeing the board, but after he lost those we haven't had his eyes rechecked. I have noticed he can't see quite as far away as I can, but I don't know how bad it really is. So, I guess we'll try it and see how it goes.
My birthday is this week, I'll be 36. Looking forward to my birthday pie!! (even though we've been eating pie all month with it being pie month at Marie Callender's - LOVE IT!!)

2 comments:
Again with the PIE! It just goes to show that you're a girl after my own heart, Julie. I do hope you had a great birthday and a few slices of pie for me in the month of October. I had no idea I missed so many blog posts! I'll try to be better about that.
Post a Comment