Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Guess It's About Time

Considering I've had no daytime work at all this week you would think I could have updated my blog before now, but I just wasn't thinking about it. I did finally make a trip down to Orem to visit my sister Mary who just had her baby girl 2 weeks ago. Glad about that!! Besides that, I've been cleaning and organizing things after our house guests left this past weekend.

Ryan's brother and his wife came into town 2 weeks ago for a visit and to go to General Conference in Salt Lake, but apparently they had no pressing issues at home so they spent almost 2 weeks here. The kids loved having them around, they really miss their uncle Clayton when he is back in Oklahoma.

Addie decided to brush her hair out the other day and this was the result. POOF!!

So, I've been taking pictures of myself a lot lately, trying different hairstyles and makeup. I've been trying straight hair more lately and that has been a fun change. Here are some of my recent shots.




We had a fun conference Sunday with my Mom in town and my sister Evy coming up for a visit. We also had some good friends from Magna over for dinner that evening. It's so nice to be able to have so many people here and not feel crowded!!

Our weekends have been pretty busy with football, but at least the weather has been nice. It's cooling off now and we've been in the 60s during the day for the last week. I Love Fall!!

Addie has been doing a little better in her preschool class and though she didn't like the first 3 letter people, she is not afraid of Ms. H with the crazy Hair. YAY!! She does really enjoy their art projects and singing. Next week, however, they are planning a trip to the dentist's office. We'll have to see how that goes. At least it's a pediatric dentist, so Very kid friendly.


I finally got a girls night out with a couple of my friends from Magna this past weekend while Ryan stayed home with the kids. We watched "Practical Magic." I Love that movie!! Hopefully we can do it again soon. I really enjoyed my night out with just the girls!

The kids have a short day today then have a 4-day weekend for UEA, so we're planning to go to our friends' Delta ranch for a few days. Might as well have some fun, since I have no work anyway:) It's always weird not having the internet for any period of time, but at least I have a couple books to read and I can still text! The boys will have to come back a little early for their Saturday football games, but we're glad that Ryan will be able to go with us on this trip.

I guess I better get Addie some lunch. For some reason today she has asked specifically for a boiled egg, so I better get started.

3 comments:

skousenscrolls said...

Carter really likes hard boiled eggs too!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics, Julie.

Lara said...

Fun pictures, Julie. So what do you like better? Curly or straight? I like the straight hair look on you!