Monday, December 20, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

Well it's that time of year and I hate to say I did NOT get Christmas cards out this year:( I think it was mostly because I wasn't able to get a family picture done and what's the point of sending JUST A CARD? I didn't even have recent pictures to piece together, as I have done in the past, as I did not like any of the kids' school pictures this year. So, I guess if you want to know what we've been up to you'll just have to read back through my blog:)

As the x-ray below clearly shows, Austyn broke his collar bone Friday night. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Friday nights are NOT busy at the Urgent Care, in fact we didn't even wait 5 minutes to be seen! There is no great story to go with his injury, he just got pushed off our little snow hill in the backyard and landed weird on his shoulder. He has actually been doing really well and his pain has been easily controlled with just the occasional ibuprofen. Austyn sees the "positive" in his injury in that he won't have to run on the treadmill for 6 WEEKS! He is pretty excited about that!
Ryan doesn't like me to blog about him, but since I am posting this recent picture I have to say he has done GREAT on his diet and has lost 45 pounds! I can totally see it in his face, compared to the picture of us from this summer. He is really determined to keep it off and is eating a much healthier diet.
So, Christmas is just 5 days away and I'll have to say I am much more prepared this year than I have been in years past. I did almost ALL my shopping online, which is TOTALLY worth it when you can get FREE SHIPPING! I spent last night wrapping gifts and putting them under the tree. Now all I have left are the stocking stuffers, which I plan to pick up when I go into town tomorrow afternoon. Addie is most excited, of course, and asks several times a day if it is Christmas NOW.

I have been pretty busy this past couple weeks since starting my new medical transcription job and increasing my hours on my other. I am debating whether or not I want to keep the newest job as it is taking me a while to get up to speed. I guess I'll just have to see how the next few weeks go. I was released from 100% QA today, so that relieves a lot of stress as well.

Alexia got her braces off this past week and will go back for her retainers this Thursday. We had a family party for Austyn's birthday, as well as our ward Christmas party on Saturday. The previous Saturday Ryan and I went to his work Christmas party/dinner. That was actually a bit disappointing, but at least the salad was good:) Advice to others: Do Not attempt to park in downtown Salt Lake City during the month of December!!

This week I have court on Tuesday to fight my ticket, we'll have to see how that goes.

Tonight we are going to see the lights at Temple Square with my sister Evy and my brother Jonny. I shared with Evy my secret for getting downtown without a fight . . . we park in the underground parking at Little America Hotel, for free, then hop on Trax across the street, in the Free Ride Zone, and take that the rest of the way. (Disclaimer: This method has not been tried on a Friday or Saturday night, when I have seen Trax come downtown TOTALLY packed!)

Ryan will be working every night this week, including Christmas Eve :( Since he will probably need to sleep most of Christmas day, the various extended family will be gathering at OUR place on Christmas Eve for dinner and on Christmas morning for breakfast. Hopefully this isn't too overwhelming, as I will also have to work for a while both days.

Next week actually looks pretty open right now, amazingly, so hopefully we can keep it mellow. I just have to keep reminding myself that I am teaching Relief Society this Sunday as well. I really need to get started on that!

I doubt I will be posting again before The Day, so I hope you have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

2 comments:

Lara said...

We had a family picture in April, but I wanted to get a more recent one for our Christmas card. It never happened, so I just threw in our April one. It's always great to read your updates on your blog, Julie. I hope you and your beautiful family have a Merry Christmas! Congrats to Ryan for losing 45 pounds, too!!

Amy S. said...

Gonna miss your card this year BUT at least we keep tabs thru blogs and FB! Merry Christmas!