Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Have I Mentioned . . .

I have a missionary!! Yes, I know, it has been several months since I've updated Anything, so here are pictures from the first 4 months of Andrew's mission. Doesn't he have a Great Smile?!?!



First Companion at the MTC 



Another missionary Andrew knows, but I don't:)


Lifelong friend and fellow missionary, Elder Anthony DiDonato.


Missionaries at the Provo Temple.


P-day lunch "off campus" 


It's Official - He has a badge!!


Another good friend from Stansbury, Elder Aaron Kelly.


Elder Andrew Williams, serving in the Cordoba, Argentina Mission.


Missionary Teacher/Trainer.


Last Mother/Son pic before MTC drop off. 
(I swear I put eye makeup on that morning, don't know what happened;)


Traveling - On the plane to Argentina!


New Cordoba Argentina Temple, under construction.


P-day Selfie.


Home cooked missionary meal.


Scripture study . . . Still need that English reference guide.


More Studying.


Enjoying some sightseeing on P-day. 


P-Day Paintball . . . Team Missionary!


First Baptism.

Have I mentioned . . . Austyn turned 12 in December and is now a Deacon in our Ward. He really enjoys passing the sacrament and is all smiles every week. 

Have I mentioned . . . Adalyn turned 8 in February and was baptized. We managed to keep it simple, so it was an enjoyable day for all. 

Addy and Shelby on Their special day.

Have I mentioned . . . This next school year I will have 2 girls in high school, 1 boy in junior high and 1 girl in 3rd grade? I can't believe I only have 1 child still in Primary! 

Have I mentioned . . . Ashley got her Driver's Permit? Technically this is legal, though I still don't think she is old enough to drive. The marks on the wall say she is taller than me now, but I refuse to believe that too! Luckily, I was the one to fill out her application for her Driver Permit, so for her height I put 5 feet 7 inches. If she IS in fact 5 feet 8 inches, or more, it will look like she grew an inch, or more, when she applies for her actual Driver License:) Until then . . . 

Have I mentioned . . . We have about a hundred new neighbors over the past year? Technically probably not Quite that many new houses, but it has Really exploded this past year! 

Have I mentioned . . . Our ward split? Technically, boundaries in several wards were changed and a new ward was formed, the Park View Ward, which is now Our ward. So we went from 715 members, down to 500, though we're probably back up to at least 550 by now. Another "bonus" to this change is that our ward meets in a building on the very North end of town and we literally pass 4 other church buildings on the way to ours! 

Have I mentioned . . . I am going to be 40 this year? Probably not, because I still can't believe it, but 'tis true. Apparently I have WAY MORE gray hair than I realized, until I saw the age-revealing family pictures we took in the fall. That's probably why people keep asking me if I have grandkids, or if my sisters (only 4 and 6 years younger than me) are actually my daughters. (This was ignored the first time, but after 4 different people on 4 different occasions made the same mistake, I began to realize there must be a problem.) I have avoided coloring my hair in the past, concerned about the chemicals relaxing my natural curl, and also not having the money to pay someone on a regular basis to maintain it. However, I finally found a drug-store home hair coloring kit that doesn't kill my curl and even covers Most of my gray!! It is inexpensive and I can do it myself! So, one thing at a time. 

I'm sure there are many more things I haven't mentioned, but I forget a lot and I would have to refer to my many calendar notes, reminder emails, etc., to remember, so another post for another day.

Have I mentioned . . . I am really enjoying this spring weather we are having? It is the Best!!

Done for now:)

No comments: