My Life Has Been Blessed!!
I just have a few thoughts that I have wanted to share, thus
I will write them down so I don't forget.
The blessings of tithing.
As we continue to pay a full tithe, despite the occasional difficulty, I
see how it blesses our lives. We are not
more wealthy, as one might say, but financial burdens have been lightened and
other opportunities have come forth. I had been feeling a little down that we
didn't have extra money to take the kids to Lagoon this year, and Ashley had
been talking all summer about wanting to attend the circus when it was in town,
which I thought would be another impossibility. Ryan had been off work for four weeks
because of surgery and we were barely keeping up with bills as it was. However, when he returned to work in August
he found out that his company would be having a Lagoon Day in which our whole
family could go to Lagoon for free!!
Included in this day was also a delicious free lunch of barbecue
chicken, hamburgers and hot dogs, along with salads, chips, drinks and even
dessert. Soon after this fun day the
Carpenters Union had a fun day as well, where the kids each got to choose a
free toy and got their faces painted.
Then we all enjoyed a delicious lunch catered by Famous Dave's barbecue. The last opportunity I want to mention is
about the circus. I don't know why
Ashley had gotten it into her head that she really wanted to attend a circus,
but she had been talking about it even before we knew the circus was coming to
town. Just over a month before the time
of the circus we heard of a great opportunity, they were offering up to four
free circus tickets per family for opening night in exchange for donating
canned foods to the Food Bank. Austyn,
Adalyn and I picked up Clayton and took our canned food down and were able to
get three free tickets to the circus. In
combination with the free tickets, we needed only purchase two more tickets and
were able to get better seats then we have ever had in the past. The kids had a wonderful time.
Blessings of Health.
As I work daily on reports from Primary Children's Medical Center I am
so thankful for the health and strength and safety that we and our children
have been blessed with. Though Alexia
struggles with some occasional asthma symptoms and reactive airways, her
struggles are minimal compared to many who make frequent trips to the emergency
room in respiratory distress. As I look
at my childrens' faces I feel so blessed that they are all whole, that they
have not had to suffer from birth defects or serious scarring injuries. As they run and dance and play, I feel so
blessed that they can do so without limitation of defect or disease.
General Conference. I
love to look through the conference issue of the Ensign at all the pictures
taken during conference of the many faithful Latter Day Saints throughout the
world. There are so many happy
faces. Everyone is dressed so nice,
young women are beautifully and modestly dressed, smiling families sitting
together, it is easy to see the love on their faces. Then to read the messages from those who
spoke during the conference, reminds me of what is important and what is
true. As I listen to and read the conference
talks I find many subjects that relate to me personally, which also leads me to
believe they must relate to many others as well, thus I am not alone in my life
struggles.
Blessings of sisters.
I am so thankful to have three wonderful sisters. We have grown so close over the years and
they are my best friends. They are the
first I call when I am struggling with my trials or feeling down and
overwhelmed. They are my favorite people
to have over for a visit and it is never a burden to have them here.
Blessings of the Gospel.
I am so thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter
Day Saints. It has brought much joy and
peace into my life knowing that my family can be together forever, knowing that
there is more than just the here and now, being able to see things with the
eternal prospective. I am thankful to
have friends in the church that share our goals and standards, that our
children can associate with each other and have positive influences on one
another. I am grateful that no matter
where I go, the gospel is the same and will continue to bless our lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment