I am really enjoying the fall weather we've been having with the temps in the 60s-70s and the leaves changing colors. We have some clouds and rain rolling in today which makes for some beautiful skies as it washes out the valley smog. With the skies so clear Austyn even noticed there is a big letter C on the hillside just west of our house.
The kids are back in school today after three weeks off-track, all except for Alexia who is home sick with a fever, sore throat and cough. I have her quarantined in my room watching movies so hopefully Austyn and Adalyn don't get whatever it is she has. I'll have to make sure to have hand sanitizer readily available for everyone else as well.
Ryan and I went to see the play that JennyLyn and Brent are in, The Scarlet Pimpernel, this past weekend while our four oldest kids were sleeping over at Emily and Nate's place. It was really a good performance. Mary & Frank and Heather & Kory went along with us to the play, then we all went over to Jenny & Brent's place after the play for some yummy treats and visiting before we headed home around midnight. Adalyn came with us to the play and did reasonably well, though she was talking too much to be able to sit with us in the auditorium. Ryan didn't mind taking her out and he listened to most of the play from a back room. Adalyn fell asleep for the ride to Jenny's place, then slept a little longer while we were visiting. By the time we were driving home she realized just how tired she really was and screamed for most of the way home. We were all exhausted by the time we actually got home and fell asleep quickly.
Saturday morning I went to pick up the kids and Ryan took Adalyn in the van to get the oil changed. The kids had a great time at the Halloween party but were obviously still tired and a little cranky. We had a little lunch when we got home then headed up to Bountiful for Andrew's football game. The weather was quite pleasant for the game, but they lost the game and Andrew didn't get to play very much, so he seemed pretty down as a result. (I think he was pretty tired also.) After the game Andrew & Alexia went with Ryan to run some errands and I took the other kids home. Saturday evening Andrew got to go with his football teammates to the "Haunted Forest" then out for ice cream afterwards. Apparently they also made a stop to TP the house of one of their coaches who hadn't come along for their evening out. Andrew got home around midnight, just as I was finishing up my weekend work.
Andrew only has two more games in this season. He has not had any major injuries so far, so hopefully we'll make it through the next two weeks without any. Evy and Daniel will be flying into town on the 30th of this month, just before they are to report to the MTC November 1st. We are looking forward to their visit.
The kids are looking forward to Halloween as they actually got to pick their costumes this year. I guess it all started when Austyn found a pretty decent Batman costume at the DI. Then Alexia wanted to be a mermaid and after we were unable to find anything for her at the DI, I was able to find a cute mermaid costume on ebay. Ashley changed her mind too many times and ended up deciding on the corpse bride. (I liked her original ideas of China girl or Cowgirl better!) Had I actually been really awake at the time, I probably would have had more of an opinion before Ryan took her shopping and found the costume. Andrew still doesn't really know what he wants to be. Last year he was a football player. He thought maybe he could be a skateboarder this year, though I don't really know what that costume would consist of, or if he would really need a costume?
I better get working on my work before the kids' movies end and the baby wakes up from her nap. Hopefully we'll continue to have a mild Monday around here. As for my goals mentioned in my previous post on Oct 2nd, all were accomplished, but it took the whole week. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment