Why is it that on Mondays I have so much to do, yet I seem to get so little done? I don't know if it's just not knowing where to begin, or if it is just too overwhelming knowing there is so much to do. All in all it is quite depressing. I didn't get up early this morning, but that is in part because I did not get to bed early last night. After a weekend of birthday celebration/activities, I just want to relax for a few minutes.
Halloween was rather uneventful this year, but fun. The older girls used their same costumes as last year, Ashley as "coffin bride," Alexia as a mermaid. Adalyn was a tiger. Austyn dressed as "X-Men's Wolverine" at school, then decided that the warm leopard costume would be ideal for an evening of trick-or-treating. Andrew dressed as a "football fan," wearing a Cyprus Football jersey and painting his face blue and yellow with a blue "C" in the middle of his forehead. The weather was quite mild and ideal for trick-or-treating. However, the kids were having much more fun playing with friends at the Halloween party and really did not do much trick-or-treating this year. We were actually home at a reasonable hour and I think the kids even got to bed close to on time.
Ashley & Alexia's good friend Bryn came down for a sleepover this past Friday night, for Ashley's birthday. Since she has moved to Morgan Utah, we only see her about once or twice a year, so that is always a treat for the girls.
Saturday we had a big birthday party planned for Ashley and her friends. I let her give invitations to "everyone," though luckily only about half of her friends were actually able to come. It was still a big party with our 5 kids and 10 of Ashley's friends. They had fun frosting their own cupcakes, breaking the lady bug pinata we made (pictured), decorating their own candy jars, opening presents and making their own personal pizzas on half an English muffin. The weather wasn't warm, but at least was a sunny 58 degrees, so the kids were able to play inside and out, which was quite helpful.
Saturday afternoon Ryan took Ashley and Alexia shopping for Ashley's birthday. Ashley got 2 new Sunday dresses and Alexia and Adalyn each got a new Sunday dress as well. They all received many compliments when they wore them to church on Sunday. After the dress shop, they went to Build-a-Bear where Ashley chose a cute new outfit for her bunny and Alexia was able to use her coupon for a new Build-a-Bear dog and outfit. Sometimes it seems like Alexia gets two birthdays each year. :-)
Sunday was the end of daylight savings and I was quite appreciative of that extra hour. Sunday afternoon we did a little cleaning in preparation for Ashley's "family" birthday party that evening. We didn't have much of a turnout for that party, however, but Ashley still had fun celebrating with Jenny & Brent, Kelsi & Rusty and Grandma & Grandpa Williams.
So, back to today, Monday. I did manage to get some dishes done this morning, but so far only have about 100 lines of work done and I need to finish 1000 lines by tonight. I really should also try to make up the other 2000 lines I am behind from last week, but I just don't see that happening before the end of the pay period on Thursday. Ashley and Alexia both called home not feeling well around noon. I picked them both up and brought them home from school. After some soup and a little rest, Ashley felt well enough to return to school for the last hour-and-a-half. Alexia is feeling a bit better as well, though did not return to school. Adalyn has felt a bit warm today and seems a little cranky herself. Hopefully this does not develop into something big.
With our 10-year wedding anniversary coming up this Thursday, Ryan and I were able to reserve a condo up at Bear Lake for Thursday and Friday night. Emily & Nate agreed to take the boys, though we might need to change some of the original plan, since Andrew has a scout campout Friday night that he would like to attend. So for now, not exactly sure who will be with Jenny & Brent and who we will leave with Emergency & Nate. With all the birthday partying all weekend, we probably won't do much on Ashley's actual birthday, but I don't think she will mind.
As for my friend Heather's wedding . . . . . . the plans have changed once again. Not wanting to deal with the continuing stress of planning such a big wedding, when all they really want is a small wedding, they have decided to get married this weekend, November 10th, in a church, with just a very small group of mostly family. As we have already planned our anniversary weekend away, I have given up on trying to get out to California for the wedding. Luckily, this is totally understandable on Heather's part and she is planning to send me pictures. So, once again, I have a credit with Southwest Airlines that I can use anytime in the next year. One idea I had thought of, was to have our whole family drive out to California for Christmas and then, as Ryan and Andrew can't stay out there for very long, they could use the Southwest credit to fly home while the rest of stay for a couple weeks of off-track time. I guess we'll have to see how things go over the next month. I also need to get my laptop computer set up with my new work, as that would be much easier to transport than my whole home system. :-)
Well, I guess I better get back to work . . . . just as soon as I answer the phone . . . . and take Alexia to dance . . . . and get dinner started . . . . and get the laundry switched . . . . and . . . . . . .
Halloween was rather uneventful this year, but fun. The older girls used their same costumes as last year, Ashley as "coffin bride," Alexia as a mermaid. Adalyn was a tiger. Austyn dressed as "X-Men's Wolverine" at school, then decided that the warm leopard costume would be ideal for an evening of trick-or-treating. Andrew dressed as a "football fan," wearing a Cyprus Football jersey and painting his face blue and yellow with a blue "C" in the middle of his forehead. The weather was quite mild and ideal for trick-or-treating. However, the kids were having much more fun playing with friends at the Halloween party and really did not do much trick-or-treating this year. We were actually home at a reasonable hour and I think the kids even got to bed close to on time.
Ashley & Alexia's good friend Bryn came down for a sleepover this past Friday night, for Ashley's birthday. Since she has moved to Morgan Utah, we only see her about once or twice a year, so that is always a treat for the girls.
Saturday we had a big birthday party planned for Ashley and her friends. I let her give invitations to "everyone," though luckily only about half of her friends were actually able to come. It was still a big party with our 5 kids and 10 of Ashley's friends. They had fun frosting their own cupcakes, breaking the lady bug pinata we made (pictured), decorating their own candy jars, opening presents and making their own personal pizzas on half an English muffin. The weather wasn't warm, but at least was a sunny 58 degrees, so the kids were able to play inside and out, which was quite helpful.
Saturday afternoon Ryan took Ashley and Alexia shopping for Ashley's birthday. Ashley got 2 new Sunday dresses and Alexia and Adalyn each got a new Sunday dress as well. They all received many compliments when they wore them to church on Sunday. After the dress shop, they went to Build-a-Bear where Ashley chose a cute new outfit for her bunny and Alexia was able to use her coupon for a new Build-a-Bear dog and outfit. Sometimes it seems like Alexia gets two birthdays each year. :-)Sunday was the end of daylight savings and I was quite appreciative of that extra hour. Sunday afternoon we did a little cleaning in preparation for Ashley's "family" birthday party that evening. We didn't have much of a turnout for that party, however, but Ashley still had fun celebrating with Jenny & Brent, Kelsi & Rusty and Grandma & Grandpa Williams.
So, back to today, Monday. I did manage to get some dishes done this morning, but so far only have about 100 lines of work done and I need to finish 1000 lines by tonight. I really should also try to make up the other 2000 lines I am behind from last week, but I just don't see that happening before the end of the pay period on Thursday. Ashley and Alexia both called home not feeling well around noon. I picked them both up and brought them home from school. After some soup and a little rest, Ashley felt well enough to return to school for the last hour-and-a-half. Alexia is feeling a bit better as well, though did not return to school. Adalyn has felt a bit warm today and seems a little cranky herself. Hopefully this does not develop into something big.
With our 10-year wedding anniversary coming up this Thursday, Ryan and I were able to reserve a condo up at Bear Lake for Thursday and Friday night. Emily & Nate agreed to take the boys, though we might need to change some of the original plan, since Andrew has a scout campout Friday night that he would like to attend. So for now, not exactly sure who will be with Jenny & Brent and who we will leave with Emergency & Nate. With all the birthday partying all weekend, we probably won't do much on Ashley's actual birthday, but I don't think she will mind.
As for my friend Heather's wedding . . . . . . the plans have changed once again. Not wanting to deal with the continuing stress of planning such a big wedding, when all they really want is a small wedding, they have decided to get married this weekend, November 10th, in a church, with just a very small group of mostly family. As we have already planned our anniversary weekend away, I have given up on trying to get out to California for the wedding. Luckily, this is totally understandable on Heather's part and she is planning to send me pictures. So, once again, I have a credit with Southwest Airlines that I can use anytime in the next year. One idea I had thought of, was to have our whole family drive out to California for Christmas and then, as Ryan and Andrew can't stay out there for very long, they could use the Southwest credit to fly home while the rest of stay for a couple weeks of off-track time. I guess we'll have to see how things go over the next month. I also need to get my laptop computer set up with my new work, as that would be much easier to transport than my whole home system. :-)
Well, I guess I better get back to work . . . . just as soon as I answer the phone . . . . and take Alexia to dance . . . . and get dinner started . . . . and get the laundry switched . . . . and . . . . . . .
1 comment:
Hey Busy Lady, take it easy! Hope you have a nice anniversary weekend!!
Post a Comment