Thursday, February 07, 2008

Austyn's Penguin

I thought it would be quite fitting to post a picture of Austyn and his penguin, seeing as how it has been feeling like we're in the North Pole lately.

I know I have been whining a lot lately about this extremely cold weather, but I don't think I would want to move. I DO think the winter lasts a bit too long and the summers lately have gotten a bit too hot, but I definitely NEED the seasons. Too much of any ONE thing drives me crazy, so I don't think I would be better off in Hawaii or San Diego, where the temps don't seem to differ a whole lot throughout the year. Besides, I can't afford to live in those places anyway. What I WOULD like would be a little more flexibility with time and money to be able to get away from the extremes from time to time, winter or summer. I guess I'll have to add that to my never ending "list."

It looks like I finally have some work downloading this morning, so I should probably get to that. As the doctors I transcribe for are in Wisconsin, many of them left early yesterday with THEIR big storm blowing in. Apparently I have nothing to complain about, as far as weather, as they received several FEET of snow with this last storm and have one more on the horizon for the weekend. I suppose that is the storm that's blowing through our area today.

1 comment:

Lara said...

Joseph sister lives in Michigan right now. Life pretty much sucks for her. She has 4 kids under 5, and can't get out of the house a bit!

My brother Chris is in Spokane, and they're having a miserable time of it, too! Chris was traveling out of town last week and got stuck on the tarmac at the airport because a plane ahead of him slid off of the runway in a huge snowstorm!

You are in good company!!

Austyn and his penguin are adorable!