So, I'm in my new office space. I have found it to be quite nice, for the most part. So far I have only moved my bare necessities up here (i.e. computer, printer, telephone). Maybe part of the reason it is so nice is because I don't have the pile of mess that still remains on my desk downstairs. It is a lot brighter in here as well, with all the windows and being upstairs. Definitely warmer too!
Addie is currently sleeping in the port-a-crib downstairs, as we have not yet moved her crib. So far so good. She seems to be sleeping fine and has not woken us up for the past 2 nights. YAY!
The house is messy, again, and I am lacking enthusiasm to get things cleaned up. The living room now has our old microwave in the middle of the floor, as Ryan wants to take it to work, but just hasn't been "prepared" to do so yet, whatever that means. Besides the microwave, there is also an old computer monitor that I took out of my "new office" before I moved my computer up here. The old monitor no longer works, but I don't know what to do with a non-working computer monitor. I don't think I can just throw it away, and I can't give it to charity when it doesn't work, and I am not sure where to recycle it either. So, for now it is sitting in the living room until I can figure out where to take it. Laundry is piling up, but at least I the kids are helping with that. Austyn has been having some trouble today, however, and managed to plug up the toilet with too much toilet paper. In the process of trying to unplug the toilet, it over flowed and made a bigger mess. YUCK! While I was cleaning up the bathroom mess, Austyn managed to spill his hot chocolate all over the kitchen counter and under the microwave (which is not yet on its own shelf) as he was trying to put a sippy lid on it. My patience was wearing quite thin at this point, although I knew he wasn't doing it on purpose. So began our morning, and the rest of the day has not improved much.
I watched my friend's 2 boys while she volunteered at the elementary school this morning for a couple of hours. And, out of the kindness of my heart, I volunteered to watch them again tomorrow. At least they weren't too much trouble, ages 3 and 6, but Austyn was not wanting to play with them anymore after about the first 30 minutes. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and not worse!
We were able to find a vent-free gas heater for our basement at a great clearance price. I will, however, have to drive to the Lowe's in Lehi to pick it up (about 45 miles). It will be worth it, though, to have that extra heat for the basement. It will be a great backup as well, as it does not require electricity to heat.
I can't believe it is almost 6:00 already. I guess I better get some dinner going. I just have a hard time trying to get started when there is still a mess in the kitchen from the last 2 meals. I better get to it.
Temps look to be warming up later in the week, up to mid 40s, looking forward to the sunshine. :-)
1 comment:
Don't you hate the messes? They are so depressing! Sometimes I just can't do anything else until the messes are cleaned up.
Post a Comment