Monday, April 28, 2008

Today Is Monday

Well, I've had breakfast, taken my vitamins, got dressed, "fixed" my hair, Andrew and the girls are off to school, I've gotten Addie dressed and playing outside, checked the news, checked the weather, checked my email and now I'm ready to work!! Unfortunately, as soon as I try to log into my work system, I get an Urgent Instant Message that the system is down and I must immediately log out. I guess it is a Monday morning, these things should be expected.

Last work week ended on a near breakdown for me as I received my quarterly QC report from my supervisor. For some reason I have a hard time dealing with criticism, even though it isn't really criticism when my score is based solely on my mistakes. However, with the overall goal of 98% accuracy, my 96.96% is going to put me on the hot seat for the next 3 weeks. The specifics on this account really get to me sometimes, however, and most of my mistakes were so basic, it just Drives Me Crazy!
Here are some examples of my "errors":
1. I typed - cephalexin 250 mg/teaspoon. It should have been cephalexin 250 mg per teaspoon.
2. I typed - Phenergan with codeine. Apparently, this is a "name brand" and should be Phenergan with Codeine.
3. The lower 1/3 of the lungs. Should be - the lower third of the lungs.
4. Funeral for those babies that were murdered. Should be - funeral for those babies who were murdered.
5. Did do a prior-authorization. Should be - did do a prior authorization. (I guess I just thought it looked better with the dash or something.)
6. Typed - Under Dr. Schnee. Should be - Under: Bradley Schnee, MD.
Anyway, point being, silly mistakes and it irritates me to have every single one of them pointed out. I know that it is her job, it's just a blow to my confidence I suppose.

Earlier Friday evening, we took the kids to Sugar House Park to feed the ducks and play on the playground. We have our beautiful spring weather back and it was nice to be outside and walking around. Addie loved seeing the ducks and playing on the playground. She is quite a climber, though it makes me nervous to watch sometimes. She managed to climb on top of a little jungle-gym type of equipment, but had no idea how to get down the other side once she was at the top. The other kids had fun too, running around and playing tag one and around the playground. Apparently my pitching arm is out of shape as it has been quite sore since feeding those ducks.

On Saturday we had agreed to go to a "Ray Hunt" family reunion. Ray Hunt would be Ryan's Great Grandfather, if he were still alive, so the reunion consists of Ryan's Grandpa's brothers and sisters and their descendants. However, they have made quite an effort to get the younger generations involved, so we decided to go. It was a bit of a drive, almost an hour-and-a-half, as the location was just East of Payson, just out of Salem Utah. It was a really beautiful "bench" area just below Mount Nebo and it was soooo quiet out there. There is a lot of building going on right there and Ryan and Nate took at look at the open house that was just down the street. I guess the homes are running in the $280s to $350s for a 5000 square-foot home. ANYWAY, back at the reunion, we did have a rather yummy pot luck lunch. The kids were excited for the races & contests and they all did very well. Addie won the race for the 2-year-olds. Austyn and Alexia came in 2nd place in their races. Ashley won the race for the 9-year-olds and Andrew came in 2nd in his group. Not that any of these groups were very large, but the kids all felt some sense of accomplishment. I, however, must have felt a little OVER confident as I decided to race in my group of 26-35-year-old women. I was quite prepared, I wore my running shoes and everything. It was just a short race, across the gym. We all set off at "GO," however, about half-way across the gym I TOTALLY fell over. I really don't even know what happened. Maybe my feet weren't going as fast as the rest of me, I don't know. I just know I fell, mostly on my side, and hit hard. I, of course, started laughing immediately, so no one would think I was seriously injured, but I've got a huge bruise on my knee and I had a headache the rest of the day. Oh well, I did go on to win 2nd place in the yo-yo contest and I won the guessing game to guess how many marshmallows were in the jar. The kids also won a few other contests. Andrew & Alexia won the hula-hoop contest and Ashley won the jump roping contest.

It looks like my work is back on line, so I better get to it. However, not before I update our weather. Today we are expecting a warm 75 degrees, with a possibility of 80 degrees tomorrow. We will be back down in the 50s with possible rain for Wednesday and Thursday. Then back to the 60s for next weekend. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

1 comment:

Lara said...

I just don't see how ANY of those mistakes changes the meaning of what you typed--how ridiculous!

Hey, I remember a time long ago when you, me, and Andrew went to Sugar House Park and fed the ducks.

What a fun reunion that must have been. But those falls get more embarrassing as we get older. I played dodge ball recently with my family and my nephew Derek hit me right in the head. Ouch!! My head AND my pride were hurt.