Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spring, A Confusing Time

Ahhh, spring in Utah, you just can't beat it. We had our hottest day of the year yesterday, a whopping 80 degrees. Today, however, is a much different story as the temps have dropped below 40 and it is now snowing outside. Hopefully it will ease up a bit before the kids get out of school.

Andrew is really growing up. He hasn't hit that major growth spurt quite yet, so he is still shorter than me. Can't be long though, his feet are already bigger than mine! He has decided to join the track team at his junior high and is really enjoying it. We need to get him some decent running shoes though. He REALLY wants to do the high jump, but just cannot throw himself high enough in the air for that one.

It's been nice to have all the kids back in school again. Unfortunately, Alexia has been having a little trouble with our crazy weather. It seems to really trigger her reactive airways and she has had to miss a couple half-days of school as we try to get her coughing under control. For some reason she is usually doing better by lunch time, maybe once the allergy medicine has time to help and she gets some of that gunk out of her lungs. She has had to do a couple nebulizer treatments as well, which seems to help.

We have a new cousin, Sarah Ann Job, who was born to Kelly & Sam on March 31st. It sounds like everyone is doing well and we are excited for their new arrival!

We took a pot of chili down to Mary & Frank's house for dinner this past Sunday. The weather was perfect and we had a nice visit with Mary & Frank and Jenny & Brent. Marianne is just 8 weeks away from her due date. We are excited for another cousin this year! The kids had a fun time playing with the Mayo's puppy, Sally. I guess she is about 6 months old now. Still really playful and hyper and jumpy. As long as she is distracted with chasing after tennis balls, the kids can play on the swingset without being jumped on.

My brother Dave will be heading up this way on his way to BYU Idaho this weekend, so we are looking forward to a quick visit with him on Friday.

My sister Evy will be coming home from her mission to Hawaii at the end of May. I can't believe she has already been gone for a year-and-a-half! Hopefully she will come up our way and spend some time as she is deciding what to do next.

We enjoyed a wonderful conference weekend at the beginning of April. The kids even listened to & watched almost every session this time, Saturday and Sunday! A friend of mine forwarded us a wonderful Conference Activity Packet for the kids that I was able to print out for each of them. It really had them more interested in who was speaking and at least somewhat listening to what they were speaking about. They were all excited to sustain our new prophet as well. What a wonderful experience!

Adalyn had a checkup today and is doing mostly fine. The pediatrician is a little concerned that she is not speaking more and wants us to get her ears checked, just in case. I brought a little DVD player along for the visit to help decrease Adalyn's doctor's office anxiety. It definitely helped! She did end up needing 2 immunizations in the end, those are always hard. :-( At least she is now good to go until kindergarten!

Work has REALLY picked up, so I am definitely keeping busy these days. I was quite pleased with myself last week finishing 1100 lines almost everyday. Unfortunately, by June 1st, our mandatory full-time requirement will be increased to 1200 lines a day, instead of 1000, so I will have to be extra diligent in my efforts in order to maintain my full-time status. So, I guess I better get back to work now.

3 comments:

Lara said...

Burrrr! Isn't the weather weird? It was almost 90 yesterday here and today was so cold!

Lara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

Hi Julie! I have been reading your blog! It is so fun to see what you all have been up to!
I am also tagging you so that I can learn more! :)
View my blog to see the details!