
The last perm I did was about 13 years ago, AND it was on Evelyn's hair as well. Obviously I must have done a good job that time since she asked me again . . . . either that or it was so long ago she doesn't really remember if it worked well or not. (She was only about 10 then)
I decided I wanted to use loop rods, as opposed to the standard perm rods, as they give more of a spiral curl and are better for longer hair. I called a couple people I know (who actually graduated from beauty school), but neither of them had any of the rods I was looking for. Therefore, I found what I needed on eBay and had them in less than a week. I looked up a few other details online to make sure I used the right type of perm, etc., picked up my supplies this morning, and went to work. Here are some pictures of the process and final result.
Anyway, I guess we'll have to wait a week or two to see how it really turns out, but so far I am quite pleased with the results. YAY for Me!! (Now I just have to figure out how to get the strong chemical smell out of the house, as I can't leave the windows open much longer with the outside temps dropping fast!)
Andrew had his last football game this morning, luckily before we got hit again with snow! He seems to have had a lot more fun this season than seasons past. He got a lot more playing time too. (That always helps) Unfortunately, his team lost every game :-( I guess better luck next year? Hopefully, he has a better idea what kind of preparation he will have to do before the next season. Once again, I am quite relieved he made it through the season without any major injuries!
It has been quite difficult to keep Adalyn out of things lately. She has figured out how to climb up on Ashley's bed (the top bunk), by first getting on the bottom bunk, then stepping onto the dresser, then some how climbing on the VERY small ( less than 1/2 inch) ridge and pulling herself onto the top bunk. We have now had to remove all the little things, once thought safe, from Ashley's bed. This consists mostly of beads, markers, jewelry, etc. So for now, they are out of reach once again, until Adalyn actually sees that they are stored in the top drawer of the dresser. 

Here is a picture of her up on Ashley's bed, wearing the headphones she found. There is not any music playing, but she seems to be having fun anyway:-) She has also realized that she can climb from the bench onto the dishwasher and onto the counter. Is Nothing Safe? As long as I think about it, I can move the dishwasher away from the counter & bench for most of the day, but usually I don't remember until I find her on the counter, either playing in the water or helping herself to whatever she can find in the cupboards. :-( She definitely keeps me on my toes!
Wow, I can't believe it's already 6:45! I guess I better get the kids some dinner so they can get to bed at a reasonable time tonight. At least they can all take baths in the morning, now that church isn't until 1:00. --->> Bye for now ~*~*~Julie~*~*~




2 comments:
Congrats on the perm! If I hadn't found out I don't need perms I might have seen what you could do for my hair:) For some reason with all my curls I used to get perms every year when I was little.
Also, good luck with Adalyn's climbing skills. She sure is cute though!
I'm not sure who is more brave--you or Evelyn!! Turned out great, though!
So is church at 1pm because you're in a different building right now? I can't wait til our church time changes from 9am! Now that we're 8 miles from church, we're late much more often.
Post a Comment