Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Car Trouble and a Good Laugh

We had some car trouble this past week and after putting in a new starter and still no start, we took the van in to the shop. I was so irritated to find out that it WAS the starter that was the problem and the new starter was also not working right. This was even more maddening since I had previously taken the new starter back to the store to have it tested to assure it was fully functional. It had passed the tests and I put it back in before we had the van towed away. All in all, I lost a day of work and ended up paying the shop $58 just to tell me the starter was bad. I actually ended up putting the new starter in myself at the shop to save another $40, which is what they were going to charge me to put it in. :-(


Anyway, I at least got a good laugh that day from something else Austyn said. I had taken him with me to the shop when I went to install the new starter. While I was under the van he was having fun with my cell phone camera, taking pictures of the engine at all different angles. After all was done, we were getting ready to drive back home without the van as I was unable to bring someone with me to drive the van home at that time. Austyn wondered why we couldn't bring the van home, since we had "a hooker in the back of the van to pull the car." :-)



Much more has been going on lately, but I haven't had a chance to write much as I've been so busy trying to help Ryan find work, trying to help my brother-in-law find an apartment, and trying to get some work done too. In addition, the kids have been off track, which always seems to add to the craziness around here. They finally started back this Monday and things are starting to slow down.



I have been going to the gym or walking on my treadmill at least 4 times a week for an hour, for the past month, and I am quite pleased with myself. I know I need the exercise, but I just haven't been able to work it in before now. Addie now attends a Play-N-Learn group on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, from 9:00-10:30, which is a perfect time for me to work out. Bonus - the gym is just 5 blocks from where I drop her off.


In the past several weeks since my last "update," we celebrated Ashley's birthday and our anniversary, the kids have been off track, Ashley got strep throat TWICE, Austyn had an ear infection, my brother-in-law and his fiance stayed with us for a week-and-a-half, Thanksgiving, Andrew & Alexia went to California with Evy, kids to the dentist to get cavities filled, and we have had several other "appointments" as well.


Ryan and I spent 2 days at a condo in Ogden canyon for our anniversary. It was a nice break, even though I did have to work for a couple hours while we were there. This is a picture of the area where we were. It was really beautiful and perfect fall weather. Ryan even let me take a picture of "us" before we left for home. As I am not a professional, and as I had to use the timer on the camera and then jump into place, it's not the best picture. I did photoshop it just a bit to try to improve the look, so I thought I would post it anyway.

I came across some "pre-wedding" photos that were taken of me, which I have never done anything with, so I thought I would finally enlarge one and give it to my parents for Christmas. (Don't tell them :-) Here is the picture I chose. Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't know if I really want that picture so close to my "Now" picture. That extra 20 pounds is much more obvious in my face when comparing the two. Oh well, I guess I am getting old. I definitely don't look 23 anymore.

2 comments:

Lara said...

I think you still look great, Julie! Even for 25!!

Rustin & Kelsi said...

We love Ausyn's quotes! Those are hilarious! And you guys look great in that photo. I'm glad you got to do something nice for your anniversary.