So, after enjoying several days of beautiful, spring-like weather, we woke up to snow this morning. The sun is out this afternoon, melting a lot of it, but there are another couple storms in the forecast for the next few days, so it isn't over yet. I'm not sure if it's the weather, or just missing my man, but something is dragging me down today. I just can't seem to get going on anything. I did a little cleaning, and a little work, but I've been sitting here looking at my computer, thinking about all the work I need to get done, and I just can't get going :( So, I'm blogging.
I was able to get a lot of cleaning done yesterday and at least the house still looks okay. Our water heater has been having trouble for the past couple weeks and I was hoping things would hold until Ryan got back into town, but no such luck. So, I spent last evening draining the old water heater, taking it out and installing the new water heater. So far so good with that, no gas leaks or water leaks, and we have hot water, so YAY for me on that one!! I have yet to get the old water heater completely out of the house, as I haven't been able to get all the water drained from it, but at least it's out of the way for now.
Ryan is off for a couple days from his training right now. Unfortunately, he is in Southern California, so only my family there will get the pleasure of his company for the next few days. However, after this break he should have a pretty steady 3 weeks of driving and should be able to come home HERE after that. I CAN'T WAIT!!! It seems like forever. Three weeks should bring him back at the end of March, putting his total time away at almost 9 weeks. WOW!!
Last Friday we finally made it to the Draper Temple open house. The kids really enjoyed walking through the temple, and riding the bus back and forth from where we parked. Ashley loved how everything sparkled in the bride's dressing room and the celestial room of the temple and decided she wants to get married there. No rush though!! Still lots of time and lots of temples for her to choose from. This "little" excursion ended up taking much longer than anticipated and we didn't get home until after 3:00 in the afternoon. We had left the house around 8:30 in the morning as I had an appointment for Adalyn's preschool at 9:00. So, by the time we got home I just wanted to sleep. I figured I could catch up on that day's work later that evening, until I remembered that I was going to Ogden that evening to babysit my nephew Ammon and watch "The Music Man" that Jenny & Brent were performing in. Oh well, so much for getting ANY work done that day. We really enjoyed the play, however, and Ammon was great! I left Andrew to babysit the youngest 2 kids and I brought Ashley and Alexia along with me to see the play. We had a fun time and both the girls can't wait to audition for a local play. It looks like the next local play with potential for children's parts will be "Oz" in July, so we'll have to see if they will allow kids under 12 this year.
Well, the jinx didn't work in the opposite direction and I have yet to have a great work day since last Monday. :( Hopefully next week will bring some better days!
Austyn kept his stitches in for the recommended 5 days and I then removed them Saturday night. Now, if he would just leave the scar alone. The still healing area itches, and he scratches, and now he has another scab. He is probably going to cause it to scar more than it would have, but at least it will be mostly hidden in his hair . . . . . if he ever lets it heal completely!!
Adalyn and I went grocery shopping on Tuesday, as we were all out of yogurt. As they had already started marking down their sale items for Wednesday's ad, I thought we should pick up a few more things before they were sold out. So, I pushed around the "car" grocery basket and Adalyn would jump out every few feet and grab something she thought looked good and throw it into the basket. Then, I would subsequently push the basket a little further and sneakily put the item back on the shelf when she wasn't looking. Good Times!! Thankfully, we didn't end up with anything unexpected when in the checkout line. Unfortunately, Adalyn threw a big fit as we were leaving the store and would NOT ride in the "car" or the basket. I therefore had to carry her in one arm, while pushing the basket with the other, across the parking lot to our car. By the time I got her strapped into her carseat, the back of my hand was bleeding where she had gouged her nails into it. Those nails have got to go!
Tomorrow is Friday, and I'm glad for that. Work has picked up a lot, so no more weekends off for me. (unless I can get all my work done during the week) We're planning to have my cousin Conrad & his wife Shannon over Friday evening and looking forward to their visit. Saturday, we'll probably get out of the house for a couple hours and go visit some friends. Hopefully the forecasted storms won't be too severe. I need spring . . . . the sooner the better!
2 comments:
It's been cold and a bit stormy here, too. I'm sure we'll get no sympathy from you, though. I remember some grocery store trips still that I would like to forget--with screaming children wrapped around my legs and arms while I try to push a full cart out of the store. Aye aye aye!! Not fun!
You are quite the woman! Installing the water heater, removing stitches, tending kids other than your own.. my goodness. Impressive! Jer was in Denver last week for work and I can't survive one week at a time - I can't imagine 9 weeks. Keep treckin' - Spring is right around the corner (I hope).
Post a Comment