Ryan came home for a week, March 25th until April 1st. It was really nice to have him home. Adalyn loved it!!!! It was nice to have someone here to entertain her while I was trying to get work done. Ryan, Addie & I took a trip to the dollar store one afternoon while he was here, looking for birthday presents, and found this cool umbrella hat. We got Addie to put it on . . . . . but only for a minute.Unfortunately, we weren't able to find Ryan a local job within the week he was home, so he's back on the road again. It definitely won't be as long this time and he was actually able to sleep over this past Saturday night since they happened to be driving through Salt Lake on their way to Reno. The kids were so glad to have him here for Easter. He went to church with us and then headed out on the road again.
Today we had some beautiful spring weather, but it was just the warm before the storm kicks in tomorrow. It's looking like we'll have a couple days of rain, possibly snow, before spring comes back this weekend. No prob . . . . I can deal with a couple days of cold . . . . as long as we don't get stuck in winter again like we did last month just after spring began.
I made a macaroni & egg salad today with our hard boiled Easter eggs we decorated. Austyn was quite upset about this idea on Saturday, not wanting to part with his decorated eggs. Luckily, he was over it today and didn't mind if I used his eggs for the salad. Thank Goodness!! JennyLyn & Ammon happened to stop by this afternoon/evening, just in time to have some with us, which was a fun surprise.
I did an awesome job getting my work done last week and had only about an hour of catch-up work to do Saturday morning. This was nice and left me plenty of time for cleaning and preparing for Ryan's visit and Easter. We also had time to go to DI and the Dollar store for a few things. I was finally able to find a pair of shoes and a belt for Andrew, as well as a new dress and a skirt for Ashley. They are the two I don't have hand-me-downs for, so I really notice when they are growing.
Andrew went with Evy & Sam (her fiance :) to California for spring break, so we're expecting him back later tonight. I'm glad he got a chance to go, since he missed out on our off-track trip out there. He even had the opportunity to go to the Newport Beach Temple, as well as the San Diego Temple, in the few days he was there. He loves hanging out with his uncles who are still living at home and wishes he could go out there more often and stay longer. We miss him though and I think Austyn sometimes feels a little outnumbered having Andrew AND Ryan gone.
Adalyn has been enjoying her new preschool, 2 days a week, and I have been able to use that time to get in about 45 minutes at the gym. I really need to go more often, I guess I'm just too lazy to make the effort unless I'm actually going to be "stuck" in that general area for some time.
Andrew was in a play at his school this past month. He was the piano player for the singing and background music. He also did a few of the other sound effects for the show. This is a picture of him in his "costume" for the play. He didn't want his picture taken, so it's not the best. He had a lot of fun "performing" and participating. He is very talented on the piano and is able to learn new pieces quickly, especially if it is a song he has heard before. I still can't believe I have a teenager!! :~)We enjoyed 2 days of General Conference the first weekend in April. I actually stayed awake for most of it, and was glad I did. I recorded it as well and I have found it nice to watch when I can't get to sleep, or if I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. There is so much to take in that I could probably watch it several times and still get something new out of it each time.
Ryan only has about a day left until he finishes his training hours, so we are hoping to have him back in town by next weekend. Once his hours are complete, he will be dropped off in Fontana CA, or Phoenix AZ, or Denver CO, to wait for his own truck to be assigned. Then he should be able to come home for a couple days before he starts out on his own. We're all looking forward to having him home!!
Well, it sounds like the kids are not getting to bed on their own, so I better help them along. :=>
2 comments:
hey, julie. good to hear from you.
Oooh! I love to hear about your family! That's too bad Ryan is away so much, but good he has a job that isn't dangerous like some he's had. I LOVE the pic of Addie!!! That's so cool Andrew's doing so well on the piano! And Austyn's stories always crack me up!! Did you hear Ashley when i called and said i was in Jordan in the middle east and i'm pretty sure i heard her say "isn't that scary?" After I hung up i realized our short call could have seemed a bit weird, but we're safe! We're only going to be in the middle east less than 2 weeks and will let you know when we're "safely" arrived in Europe :)
Post a Comment