Friday, March 12, 2010

Just working . . . . A LOT!

So, I'm pretty much down to 2 jobs now. Oh, did I forget to mention I was up to three? I started a new job at the beginning of March. Still the same old medical transcription stuff that I do, just a new company AND a new computer. So now I have moved Dad's computer downstairs, much to his dismay, and I have my two computers set up on two desks in my office so I can go back and forth. I finally emailed my intention to quit job #2, though I haven't received any response so I guess I'm still employed with them too. Job #3 is pretty strict about working your scheduled hours at your scheduled time, and since I'm the newby I got stuck with a 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. shift, Tuesday through Saturday. At least it's after the kids are mostly in bed, which is the best time for me to work anyway. Job #1 used to be done early morning, before the kids were up, but now I've had to move it to afternoon while the kids are in school, since I need a little time to sleep in the mornings after being up so late. So far things seem to be going okay and I haven't lost my mind, so that's good! I have managed to schedule time off, from all 3 jobs, Easter weekend so we hopefully can do something fun:) Looking forward to that.

Not too much to update on our house. It's still for sale. We've dropped our price down to $133,000 and we are willing to help with the down payment if that will get someone to buy our house soon. We have put an offer on a house, but the offer is dependent upon selling our house, so we have to do it ASAP.

Ashley's dream has come true and Magna's Empress Theatre is holding auditions for the play Annie later this month. Now she just needs to find an upbeat show tune to sing for her audition. She is really excited! I just wish it hadn't come at such an awkward time with our probable move in the next few months. The show will run June 11 to July 23, Monday, Friday and Saturday nights.

After nearly a year-and-a-half of remodelling, our church building was finally reopened for use this past couple weeks. They really made a lot of changes, but overall it is just great to be back in our own building. I love that the kids can just walk home from church and I don't have to sit in the parking lot waiting for everyone after meetings have ended.

Lately, on top of all my jobs, I've been trying to keep the house clean and ready to show at short notice. It has been nice having the house clean most of the time, but sometimes a little stressful to keep it that way. We usually leave the house while it is being shown, so that has made for several extra trips to the park and grocery stores. Luckily the weather has been nicer so we've been able to take the dog with us to the park most times, which he loves!

Ryan and I have still been going to the temple on the first and third Saturdays of the month, which we really enjoy. We have mostly been going to the Jordan River Temple, as we are usually too late to schedule an appointment at our Oquirrh Mountain Temple. We've been trying to get to the 6:00 or 6:20 session so we can be out and home by the time the kids are going to bed. We usually stop for ice cream on our way home, which makes for a nice date for us.

Last Friday I took Ashley and Alexia to see the play my sister JennyLyn is currently in, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, at the Terrace Plaza Playhouse in Ogden. They both really enjoyed the show and were quoting it for the next couple days. There were a lot more "funny" parts in this live performance than I remember from the movie, which made it all the more enjoyable.

This seems to be the weekend for birthdays as Alexia has a party to go to tonight and tomorrow night, and Austyn is going to a party on Saturday, with his best friend's birthday also this weekend. I've decided not to stress with the gift giving this time and just bought them birthday cards to give with $10. Hopefully that's not too lame.

Besides birthday parties this weekend, we have a couple people coming to look at the house Saturday afternoon, so we'll probably be out and about for a lot of the day. Which reminds me, I need to come up with some ideas of things to do for about 4 hours from 11:00 until 3:00.

I guess I better get back to work. Don't forget to set your clocks ahead 1 hour this Saturday night for daylight savings. Looking forward to spring!!

1 comment:

Lara said...

Hey, Julie!

Love ya!