Monday, September 20, 2010

Just Another Week

Things have been pretty "normal" around here this past week. I cancelled the kids' orthodontist appointments and rescheduled them for a later time next month so I wouldn't have to pull them out of school. I also really didn't want to make ANOTHER trip to the Valley if I didn't have to, since I was already planning to go out Friday for a family reunion, then Saturday for football. I hate using so much gas driving the van back and forth. I would like to size down to a mini van to get better gas mileage, but for now I like not having a car payment so we'll probably wait a while longer.

Addie has been watching "Spirit" over and over this past few days, running back and forth with her ponies whenever the horses are on the run. I've decided ponies are far less messy than Barbies:)

At Addie's new preschool this year they have "Letter People." The first letter they are learning is M. Adalyn absolutely DOES NOT LIKE Mr. M. In fact, the first time she saw him she ran out of the room screaming and crying. Over the several days they were learning about the letter M she did better and only covered her eyes when his picture was shown. However, she absolutely refuses to color him and when he somehow ends up in her back pack at the end of the day she tells me to give the paper back to the teacher. Finally after a week they moved on to the next letter. Unfortunately, the next letter is T and Mr. T has an even BIGGER Teethy grin than Mr. M. I have to admit he is a little freaky looking, but really hoping Addie will overcome this fear! What if all the letters have big teethy smiles? Maybe she's just afraid of big teeth? Here is Mr. M.

Picture day was this past week. I usually don't buy the school pictures, except for the class picture, and this year wasn't any different. All I REALLY want is the 8x10, but I would have to buy a big package just to get that, it just doesn't seem worth it. In years past we have waited for spring pictures, which usually are set with a fun background, but I don't know if they do those out here. I guess we'll see. We are way overdue for a family picture, so hopefully we can get it together and take one before the snow falls. I don't think it's having the time that keeps us from getting it done, it's the coordinating of outfits that stresses me out. First of all, finding outfits that coordinate, then having them all clean on the same day . . . . it's a challenge!

I've found we have a lot of wind out this way. It seems at least once or twice a week we have a really windy day. I don't mind it, as long as it's not taking our fence down, as it usually means some cooler temperatures are on the way:) I wonder what winter will be like?

I found out that there is a school bus stop just a couple blocks from our house. Unfortunately, they sent home a form to fill out with our address and then told the kids they couldn't ride the bus because we were out of the school boundaries :( major disappointment! True, we are not actually in Rose Springs' boundaries, but we aren't any closer to Stansbury Elementary and THEY are a "Walking School" and don't bus ANY of the kids there. So for now, the kids are riding their bikes the 1.7 miles MOST DAYS, but I'll be driving them come winter time. I'll tell you, I had a really hard time being honest with our address, since I KNEW they probably wouldn't let us on the bus, but even with the disappointment, at least my kids know I told the truth:)

Ryan, Nate and Kelsi took Andrew, Alexia and Austyn to hike Timpanogos this past Saturday. Ryan brought Nate and Kelsi so they could go ahead with the faster kids and Ryan could go slow with the slower one. However, all the kids did really well and Ryan ended up just going slow by himself. They didn't get home until about 1 in the morning, needless to say none of them were awake for 9:00 church. Luckily, Sacrament meeting is last and they all made it in time for that.

Ryan's birthday is this Wednesday so I'm trying to think of what to do for dinner that day. We'll probably go out to dinner Saturday to celebrate, but I still want his actual birthday to be nice. Apparently Ryan has already ordered his "birthday present," so I don't have to do much in that department:) I'll probably just take the kids to the Dollar store so they can have fun giving him something too.

I guess I better get started on dinner. We're having french toast tonight, YUM!!

2 comments:

Lara said...

I'm having the same dilemma, too! Do I get a new car and have a car payment? Or do I put up with the costs of constant repairs? I go back and forth all the time...

Jared and Emily said...

I think I would be afraid of that Mr. M to... he is freaky!