Friday, June 02, 2006

Hot Days

It may only be June 2nd, but it definitely feels like summer up here. After a rather cool/cold Memorial Day weekend, our temperatures are back into the 90's and here to stay. I feel so boring when it's hot as all I want to do is pull my hair back in a ponytail and hang out in the basement where it's cooler. We made another trip down to Orem today to visit Mary & her kids. My kids have just few more days off track and then will head back to school next Thursday (such a random day!?). Ryan is also finding he does not like to work outside in the heat (and he thought the snow & cold was bad :-). I definitely sympathize, I wouldn't want to do it either.

June looks like a busy month for us, filled with birthday parties, baby blessinga, baptisms and even a wedding. Throw in a couple school field trips, end of school parties, a dentist appointment and Adalyn's 4-month check-up and we will definitely not be bored any time soon. Hopefully July will bring time for a little family vacation or at least a weekend camp-out before the kids start the New school year on July 26th. (Nothing officially planned yet.)

Alexia's birthday is this upcoming Monday, June 5th. She will be turning 6. We've been trying to avoid buying more toys for presents (as we seem to have plenty), but we were able to find a couple other things we know she will be excited about, like a new back pack, bubbles and some pool/water toys. Ryan did insist we give her at least one toy for a present, so we agreed a "My Little Pony" would be a small but fun gift in that category.

Well, with my work done for the day and everyone in bed, I should take advantage of this time to get a little extra sleep. Ryan will be working tomorrow so we don't have any family plans. Andrew has a birthday party to go to in the afternoon (I don't know what present to get for a 12 year old boy). With a baby blessing at 9:00 Sunday morning, I will have to make sure all the kids are bathed Saturday night so we can get up and go by 8:00. I also have a few pairs of Ryan's work pants to mend, since he is not allowed to have holes in his clothes at work (even though that is where he gets the holes in his pants!!!) Now I'm losing my train of thought, so I guess I'm done for now. Julie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Julie - Finally got to read your "blog" (whatever that is) and catch up on your family. A good idea! Sounds like life in the fast lane to me! Will catch up with a phone call one of these days... hope you guys get to make a trip down to the canyon country again sometime. You're welcome anytime!
Leonie

J said...

Wow, you are so dedicated to your blog. I hope I have that much enthusiasm when I am the mother of five.

Thanks for having us over Sunday.

JennyLyn