The kids have two more weeks of school left, though they have a lot of fun activities planned for those last two weeks. Andrew left for "Mill Hollow" this morning, which is a three day camp for 5th and 6th graders, he will be back Wednesday. Today Ashley has a field trip, then Wednesday Alexia will go on a field trip. Thursday Ashley and Andrew get to go with their classes to the theater to see the movie "Cars". Next week there is a Beach Day, Park Day, School Movie Day, Field Day, then the last day of school.
Yesterday was Father's Day, I hope it was happy for all you fathers out there. We started celebrating a little early. On Saturday Ryan and I went out to dinner, then we did a little shopping while the kids were visiting with Grandpa for a couple hours. On Sunday I made breakfast for Ryan and tried to let him get a little nap in the afternoon. That evening we took our barbecue to Copperton Park for a picnic dinner with Ryan's parents and siblings. It was pleasant weather for a barbecue, not too hot, and there are lots of trees and shade at the park as well.
Today things are back to the mostly normal everyday routine, with the exception of Andrew being gone to camp. The kids are staying inside this morning, watching a movie, then we plan to walk to the park for lunch before the girls go to school (Alexia & her friend Zia). After we drop the girls off I should be able to get a quick shower then hopefully get some of my work done. As is the norm for Monday, I am a bit overwhelmed, with so much to do I don't know where to start.
The heat has been getting to me lately so I cut a few inches off my hair. Apparently that sounds worse than it actually is since Alexia was the only one who noticed. It is still long enough for a ponytail, but even wearing it down it must not be dramatically different enough to notice. We did get a nice break in the heat after Monday, but things are warming up again today.
Well, it's 11:00 so I better get Adalyn fed before we head out for our lunch at the park.
1 comment:
hi julie--so i'm finally getting around to reading your blog. so much fun! wow, are you busy. can't believe your worried about those kiddies getting bored. i got tired just reading it all. the pics are way fun to look at too. are you still workin at your mt job? and what is ryan up to these days? i'm still teaching part time in menifee. i'll have to get a full-time teaching job in the coming year. these blogs are too cool! i'm gonna have to get myself one.
~Lara
Post a Comment