Friday, September 03, 2010

Four Weeks of Fun

So this is Austyn's first year playing football and he has been pretty excited, at least for the first few weeks. He still enjoys playing the games, but wonders why practices have to be 2 whole hours long. Since this is his first experience with the game, he was placed on the "C" team. Since not every district has a "C" team in this age group, we will be traveling all around the Valley for his games and he doesn't have a single "home" game. Andrew is also playing football, though we'll probably only be able to make it to a couple of his games as we'll be taking Austyn in the opposite direction on many days. If anyone is interested in a schedule for the boys' games let me know. I'm sure they would love for you to come!

Next we have this hole, STILL! It is so close to being done, but since Andrew started football and school, and with a few rainy afternoons, they just haven't been able to finish it. So, there it sits:(


Here is my living room wall. I have been searching for weeks for the perfect "piece" to go in this spot below the mirrors and wreath. I've been frequenting thrift stores and searching KSL classifieds daily, but just haven't found anything in my budget that I really like. So, for now, we'll settle for this desk. Hopefully it will be of some use for kids working on homework, etc.


Here is my bedroom wall. Another big open space that needs something. I am not yet sure what to put above the bed . . . pictures . . . vinyl lettering . . . a decorative piece . . . so now it sits. I just got these lamps in the mail yesterday. We're excited to have lights that turn on with the light switch now, though they are a little more pink than I was expecting. Oh well, I guess we could paint them.


Now that Ryan has worked with Mile Hi for a year he FINALLY gets some vacation time! He is off today through the weekend and Monday, so He and I are going camping. Leaving the kids behind, with Ryan's mom, and just going to have a little time to ourselves. I feel a little selfish, but we really need a break. We won't be leaving until after Austyn's football game tomorrow, so hopefully we can still find a camping spot during this busy holiday weekend.

The kids are back in school now and I am enjoying the peace and quiet with just Addie home. I've even been getting a little more work done during the day:) Along with back to school for Andrew came a new list of school supplies that he needed . . . Spanish dictionary, Spanish verb book, coveralls for welding class, safety glasses, gloves, combination lock, etc. At least the younger kids didn't come home with a list of needs, just a bunch of paperwork for ME to fill out.

The first day of school was a Tuesday and all was well. The second day of school . . . not so much. To make matters worse, I forgot it was a short day and was nowhere near to pick the kids up from school. They walked the mile-and-a-half home that day. Ashley apparently had a bad day, being partnered with "the most annoying girl in class" for a project and having to move her desk to sit right next to her. At recess everyone was in their little "groups" and Ashley felt very alone. By the time she got home she was in tears. So, what does she do? She gets on Facebook and writes "My New school Absolutely SUCKS!" Okay, a little extreme Ashley! We've now had a discussion about not "posting" our Most Negative thoughts on Facebook. Luckily things have been much better since then and Ashley is making friends:) Alexia has had absolutely no problem making new friends and has played with someone different after school every single day this week! Austyn is kind of in between. He isn't hating school, but isn't making a lot of friends yet. There is one boy his age who lives around the block who he will call almost everyday, but he has only been able to come over a couple times. So then Austyn starts in on how I am so mean for making our family move away from Magna and all our friends . . .

We found a preschool for Addie just around the block and she is pretty excited to start school next week. We went to meet the teacher and see the school on Wednesday and she has been wanting to go back ever since. I'm glad she is excited. I am looking forward to those 3 days a week where she'll be in school:) She has one good friend Allie who has been over almost everyday for the past couple weeks. They get along great! Allie just started kindergarten this week, but luckily she is home by lunch time and can come play all afternoon.

Andrew is enjoying school so far and is motivated to do well. He has made several new friends at church, school and football. He had a friend party, a week after his birthday, with several friends from Magna. We had it in the afternoon and there was plenty of food and fun for all.

On Andrew's actual birthday we had a big birthday party/open house. I was actually surprised at just how many people came all the way out here. It was so fun to have everyone here! I think our grand total was 60 people. Once again there was plenty of food and even lots of leftovers. Thanks everyone for coming!!

We've been taking a break from all our partying since school started, though if you haven't been out here to visit yet we would love to have you over for dinner sometime!!

I guess I better try to get some work done before our "weekend away." I'll try to be back soon:)

1 comment:

Lara said...

I was noticing your blog roll and how so many people have fallen off their blogs now with Facebook. It makes me sad, esp. since I go on FB once in a blue moon anymore.